Wednesday 3 October 2012

New Semester!

Wooooow. So a new semester has just started, and you know what that means? It means that, once again, I'm really fucking busy. Let me briefly talk about last week.

So last week was freshers' week, which is a week in which the freshers get free stuff and drink a lot of alcohol and get the fabled "freshers flu" just in time for the start of lectures. It's pretty fun. So on Monday morning we got up at stupid o'clock and got onto campus at 9 o'stupid to film stuff. I can't really remember what even happened. I know we got lots and lots of footage and lots and lots of chinese food. Seriously, all we had to do was walk up to the booth and flash their number at them, and they gave us noodles or egg fried rice or something. It was super cool.

The second day was fun. Demon Media set up their own stall and we were standing around all day talking to people. The Wednesday was pretty much the same as well, but I had fewer people to work with, and for a few hours I was entirely alone. Over the two days we got 300 to sign up to Demon Media, and I must have talked to at least 200 of them. At the start of the two days I had barely any clue what to say to people, but by the end I had developed a routine that included the fact that we have £4000,000 worth of equipment, and that I don't know anything about the paper, and that it's really fun. I also said other things, but you know.

The Thursday was probably the most fun day of all. This was bodge day, when we got all of the Media Prod students to film random stuff and record random stuff. My first group were great. They had to make a wildlife documentary in the style of Blue's Clues with the quote, "look in the sky, a flying pig!" and they did an absolutely cracking job of it. My second group were shit, but my first group were really fucking cool.

Anyway, so that was freshers' week, which was amazing.

So now it's time to crack on and do new stuff. This term looks to be pretty fun. I've got to make some stuff in After Effects, do some TV stuff... you know, media shit. It looks like the projects will be better than last year anyway.

So yeah, I'll talk about other stuff soon.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment