Thursday 18 October 2012

Nickelback

So last Tuesday I went to go and see Nickelback. I would've blogged about it earlier, but hey, I'm a busy guy. As such, this post might not be very long either. Anyway, let's get on with it.

To start off with, I wasn't too keen on the idea that a band who isn't as good as Reel Big Fish would cost more than their gig, and twice more to be precise, but I was pressured into it. Like, actually pressured into it. I didn't have a choice. Not even a little bit. I was like, "Forty quid? Aaahhhh... I don't know..." and then somehow by the end of the conversation I had said yes. I do not remember saying yes, but apparently a positive notion was expressed, and therefore I had to cough over the required £40. What a fucking rip off for music. I'm glad I didn't pay any money for any of their albums.

As ever, the journey over was eventful. Josh's shitey one hundred year old sat-nav did little in the way of directing us to the ... NIA I think it's called, but either way the TomTom didn't know where on Earth that was, so we drove to Birmingham and used our instincts. That, and we followed the signs. But, it was fun, and that's the point of all of our road journeys.

Anyway, on to the actual gig. We arrived as Daughtery were playing. Joe and I figured that daughtery was like adultery but the other way round and centralised around one particular gender. I'll leave you to figure out which gender it is. OI! No peeking. Just work it out. It's not even that hard. Haven't got it yet? Females, you tit-box of epic proportions.

If you had the answer before I said it, then I do apologise and you can have a gold star. Just email me your address and I'll send one on a crow. People still use messenger crows, right?

Anyway, back to the actual gig. While we were milling around, Bekah decided to pull a funny face. A funnier face, in fact, than Josh's:


Don't think that's happened in a long while. Maybe Josh has lost his touch. At least Joe's smiling.

Anyway, if anything was going to make the gig worth going to, it was this:



MUSIC AND VIDEO! ALL IN ONE COMBINATION! It's like they had me in mind when they decided how to make the gig inventive. I know big gigs are probably like this all the time, but hey, I've never wanted to pay £40 for music before, so this was pretty big for me. I guess it makes sense, though, if they didn't do something like this then I'd have been really disappointed. Believe it or not, but I don't care much about seeing bands live unless they're not popular enough to be in a big, crowded venue like the NIA. Small bands are just fucking awesome. Anyway, Nickelback actually out-did themselves.

If any of you are nice enough, though, I've found what I want for my birthday:


It's super cool, right? A standing piano, but with cogs and shit on it!

Anyway, it definitely was worth the money in the end, and the fact that they managed to impress me made it all the more worth-while going.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment