Tuesday 5 June 2012

Here Comes the Summer

So on Sunday night I left DMU for the last time for the summer. For one, I'm really glad that I don't have to cook for myself for the next four months, because I was getting sick of my cooking. There's only so many different ways you can cook pasta bake. Two. It's either tuna pasta bake or pork pasta bake. Although on Sunday I did have to get rid of all my food, so I simply put all of it in the wok and then I made the cheesiest, meatiest pasta bake that you even did taste. And it was just too much to handle. I put far too much cheese in. It was verging on being a French-level of cheese. And that is a horrendous amount of cheese.

But what makes this occasion so momentous? I mean, half my friends had already left, and then I accidentally became super duper friends with everyone from the radio. Although I was drunk at the time, so that's understandable.

Well to be perfectly honest with you, this last week at DMU has been an amazingly busy week. It started with filming, and then there was more filming, and more filming, and then editing, and then more editing, and then fuck loads more editing, and then there were the Demon Media Awards. That was a fun night.

Everyone donned their finest evening-wear and headed over to the Phoenix cinema where we were given tokens for TWO FREE DRINKS!Wooow! Free alcohol is a very rare commodity, and to get it on the last night out of the year was just fabulous. Either way, this great evening started out with this:



And I helped make it! Yeah I know, I'm super cool, aren't I? A first year and involved in every major filming opportunity for Demon TV and the DSU. I think I may be the youngest in history to do so... Or at least the best.

The best.

Speaking of being the best, you'll never guess what I won.

Damn straight! I made a speech and everything. Called Ryan my rock and thanked him. Got a drink out of it. That's multiple successes there.

But that's not even the end of it. Not only did I win Best Off-Screen Male, but you see all of these other award winners?

Aside from the female categories, I was nominated in all of them. That's four categories in total. That's mental. Best On-Screen (despite only being on-screen once in Fresher's Week, until of course the eventual release of Here's a Thing), Best Off-Screen (which I won), Best Newcomer and Best Show. To be fair though, there was literally no way that I wouldn't win Best Show (I was the co-director for the winner) because I've directed, co-directed, managed, and filmed almost every single show this year. I'm pretty mental.

Christ, I had a lie-in this morning. God, that was nice. I guess I shouldn't complain really, I used to get up at 7 every morning to go to school. Crazy times. Well, to be honest, I'm getting the same amount of sleep, but just shifted a few hours one way.

Oh well. After the awards we went to the SU to drink more and have a good time, and good times were had by all. It was great fun.

Anyway, that's the story of the Demon Media Awards.

So over the course of the weekend I've been giving hearty goodbyes to my Demon folks, and there are even a few of them whom I'll miss. Now that's a nod in their direction, because as my home folks will know, it takes a lot for people to "matter" to me. That's the wrong word, but I can't think of any other right now that mean what I want to mean. I'm sure you know what I mean.

In some ways I'll miss Leicester though. I kind of liked the lifestyle I was living, even though I now hate my cooking and I've always disliked Leicester. But I like DMU. I like having access to super computers to do my work, and the SU to hang out in and party in, and the Polar Bear to drink in. It's been a super cool year. Now, combine that with all of my friends together and that'd basically be my life complete.

Oh, that'd be the dream.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment