Saturday 18 August 2012

HIGH FIVE CHALLENGE



This challenge made me feel like an absolute idiot. Seriously, it was stupid. It meant I had to interact with people whom I'd normally look at in disgust. Chavs. Chavs everywhere. Anyway, I thought this was quite a cool little social experiment. The number of people who looked at me as if I was retarded was astounding, and there were even some chavs who were like, "What the fuck..." and Joe was like, "Give him a high five" and the chav was like, "No!" as if giving a high five was one of the worst affronts to their personal space ever.

Either way, I'm not actually a massive fan of high fives anyway. People use them to congratulate, and I'm just like, "For god's sake" especially, for some reason, with the completely unlikeable nerds who just seem to want to touch me. In fact, I'll let Inside Voice give you an example.

Nerd: "Great video this week, Pete!"
Outside Voice: "Huh, oh yeah, thanks. It was alright I guess."
Inside Voice: "Who the hell do you think you are? What was your name again? Oh yeah, that's right, I don't care because you took a media degree because you couldn't get into whatever science or maths-based degree was your first choice. Stupid moron."
Nerd: "High five!"
Outside Voice: "... yeah..."
Inside Voice: "Oh god. Oh crap. I should have seen this coming. Kill it! Kill it with fire!"
*I place my hand gingerly in the air and the dickhead slaps it with all his might, as feeble as that may be*
Inside Voice: "Ewww, sweat. That's disgusting. Now I'm going to have to get my hand baptised. How do these people get so clammy? Just eww."
Nerd: "Haha, logo!"
Inside Voice: "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! ONLY I AND MY CLOSEST FRIENDS CAN SAY THAT! IT'S A WITCH! QUICK, TO THE LOGO CAVE! Balalanadadanah."

I guess this is what I get for having fans who don't respect boundaries and happen to be friends with the fans that I actually like. Sigh.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment