Monday 16 July 2012

Camber Sands

Whoa, so there was like, this whale, and then there was a massive explosion.

Anyway, Camber Sands.

This was the holiday that just passed with the company of Dukey, Josh and Joe. The dudes, as I like the call them. As you may well have guessed, Camber Sands is the name of a holiday park, and not actually a place. We stayed in a caravan built to hold up to eight people, so we actually had enough room to wank- I mean cook bacon. Or something. Swing a cat, that's the one.

*Cough, cough*

So, the photacular (that's the adjective for something that can be photographed) nature of this trip was dampened by the fact that we were consistently next to or in water. There was a swimming pool and an ocean. The pool was just grand. It was only 1.7m deep, so there was no chance of drowning, and it also had a current machine. That's a machine that produces a current in the pool, so that there was a chance of drowning to make up for the shallow nature of the pool. Either way, while my body is too weak to help me swim for long periods of time, I did indeed enjoy the time we spent together frolicking with our tops off- I mean playing innocently in the pool.

There was a game we played that involved pinning the opponent's feet to the ground. I suppose that, too, would have simulated drowning in the ocean if there were a shark or octopus or sharktopus nearby.

On the Wednesday we went to Hastings because it sounded cool and there we saw a way to inform Rohan if we were in danger:


I like Rohan, Rohan's cool.


That's just a super cool picture.


That's just two morons doing their moron thing.


That's also just a cool picture.

Anyway, on the Thursday some ocean was involved and I was too ill to go in. There was also a burial involved, but I was too ill to die, so Dukey went in instead. I'd love to share a picture, but Dukey hasn't bothered to upload them yet. In fact, I'm going to shout at Dukey now.

That feels better.

Anyway, it was a right laugh all the while we were there. We could have died multiple times, and if that's not the symbol for a good holiday, then what is?

Being alive, that's what.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment