Wednesday 25 July 2012

The LOGO Saga!





Okay, so this is the first short film I've ever done, and what do you know it's entirely about my LOGO from my popular YouTube channel. Hah, that's funny because I'm not popular at all. I mean, I'm sure the people who do follow me actually like me, but you know... the internet isn't my biggest fan. But, the internet is full of mini and very large Hitlers, so I'm not too bothered about that. No, seriously, if the people of the internet decided to make a violent army, then there'd be like eight holocausts.

I actually had an argument about the definition of a holocaust recently. It was with a Jew. I accidentally said that there was going to be a holocaust, as opposed to an apocalypse, and he was all like, "SAY WHAAAAT?!" And I was like, "Oh, did I just say holocaust? I meant apocalypse." And then he was all like, "Sounds like someone has it in for the Jews." And then I was like, "What? Holocausts aren't about Jewish people. It kind of fits what I was saying anyway. You can have a holocaust of the human race." And then he was like, "Yeah, but it's come to mean the extermination of the Jews now." However, in this particular circumstance, I was not in the wrong. Okay, there is better terminology to use, such as genocide, but the word genocide has always been related to the ... Rwanda thing... you know, with that tribe that wiped out that other tribe... there was a movie about it... the UN was involved and then as soon as they backed out the one tribe wiped out the other tribe... God damn it, I'm annoyed at myself now. My point is, we shouldn't segregate words. Like, there was a time when "The War" meant "World War One", or indeed during the Cold War it was "World War II", but now it doesn't mean a damn thing, and that's good. Segregating words is not a good idea.

Anyway, let's not get sidetracked by the segregation of words. This short film was a chance to prove to myself that I could do something vaguely cinematic while keeping in with my style of filming, and I think I've done that very well if I'm perfectly honest. It was also very, very fun to film.

I may even do a behind-the-scenes possibly.

Anyway, it all started in Ireland with the castle scene. It was just made up on the spot. I needed a scene that essentially told me to go back to England, but we had a castle, and then we decided to do the Monty Python parody. It was originally supposed to be a Japanese guy who told me to go back to England and there'd be some kind of moral story behind the whole thing, but then the French Irish Morons were brought in and I thought "How about I kill people instead? Yeah, turn me into a murderer. Good idea." It was at that moment that I knew how I was going to end the LOGO Saga, which is good, because I didn't previously know.

When I got home from Ireland I filmed the introduction stuff with Chris Devey and the clone shots as well. Somehow, and I don't know how, but it is a lot of fun filming Pizzle. He's such a fun, pathetic character to play as. Giving Electric Teapots Pete his own identity was born at this point as well, and he appears to be a more laid back, sarcastic guy than Cliché Pete is. I haven't yet decided if that should be a recurring feature.

Anyway, when we went to Camber Sands, I filmed the scenes for ET Pete and Pizzle. They weren't all that amazing, and the fight between Pizzle and Jerome left something to be desired, but I am, after-all, an amateur, and I am, after-all, working with amateurs who have even less acting experience than I do. Wait, they took drama. Hmm... Nope, I still think I'm a better actor than Dukey. I do a lot of it nowadays. I mean, I know I'm acting myself or Pizzle, but hey, it's still remembering a script and being a certain way. And that's all acting is, right? No one has ever said to me, "I'm not convinced that you are you," so by that reckoning I'm one of the greatest actors of all time.

When we got back from Camber, the main challenge started: staging a sword fight. It was actually surprisingly hard. I was planning on making it up as I went along, but it turns out that that looks shit on camera, so we had to spend a good twenty minutes choreographing each shot, and that's twenty minutes before every single shot. It was loads of good fun though, and you have to admit, it looks damn good, right? I have to thank Josh mainly for that, since he taught me some fencing techniques.

This has been one of my favourite, and hardest things to film solo. Of course now, though, it's time to crack on with Granite Moths. I also want to have a crack at this Minecraft project I've been trying to work on, but it's not going anywhere at the moment. I just need to write the script and scramble together some voice actors. I want it to have as little dialogue as possible though. WAIT. What if it had no dialogue at all? That'd be pretty weird and cool. Actually, no, never mind, I don't like that idea. Little dialogue works, but I don't think no dialogue would work at all, seeing as I'm cameoing loads of- WHOA, very nearly gave you a spoiler.

Anyway, if you haven't yet, watch the LOGO Saga, and keep watching my channel! Keep watching my blog as well, because I'm sure I'll come up with some new theories and stuff soon. I would really like to do this comic thing I talked about before as well... but I'm no drawer and I still can't think of a good storyline. I might parody Batman, but from a Cliché point of view. I could do it as video series... Maybe. I'll have a think.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment