Saturday 8 October 2011

Blog Redesign

Cliché University Stuff: Sir Robert Elmar Whiting Nightowl the Third: "For one of our tutorial sessions, we had to write what we would include in our practice websites. We had to come up with an imaginary friend..."

That up there is a blog repost, which is awesome. I can seamlessly reblog things between blogs, and I'll be reblogging everything that I think is worthy of reading, on both sites of course.

Anyway, Cliché Life Stuff is becoming super popular. In fact, I'd say it was definitely the most popular blog in the region. Now with over 5,000 views! Whoo! That number will climb to incalculable numbers one day, but for now I still have to remain quite a niche market. Anyway, because I'm becoming more popular by the day, I've decided that it is definitely high time to redesign the blog. All of the templates on Blogger suck, so what I'm going to need is a crack team of coders... wait, soon I'll be able to code everything myself!

Anyway, coding aside, in order to redesign a blog, one needs something to redesign it with. As I said, all of the blogger templates suck balls to high heaven which is why the current template has remained since day one. Now, the problem with this is that I don't know what to do for the redesign, which is where you guys will hopefully come in. I need ideas, people. And if you're willing to create content then that would be very much appreciated. Imagine it, an audience-designed blog. Something that you really want to see.

So think, what design would totally epitomise my blog? What does Cliché Life Stuff represent? Will the design be ironic, and totally un-cliché? Will the design be absolutely cliché?

It is all of these questions and more that lead me to a dead stop every time I think about redesigning. But I am just one man. Where one man fails, another conquers. And you are an audience. There are literally no hurdles you can't overcome, because you have about 6.9billion minds to work with.

So, with that in mind, what's stopping you? Get your thinking hats on and get thinking. I'll be waiting.

Any and all help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I've personally always loved the white on grey thing so I think you should keep that or maybe white on black but whatever. As far as what cliche life stuff represents, well for me it is pretty much a stream of consciousness which is both incredibly amusing and incredibly true. It's like pointing out all the cool things in normality. Don't know if that helps at all but on that note maybe a mixture of the mundane and the amazing could be a good theme. Just thought you would appreciate a thought even if it is a little unrefined. Loving the blog as always :)

    ReplyDelete