Wednesday 12 October 2011

I'm Going to Be on TV

No jokes. One and a half weeks into my course and I'm already appearing on TV. How cool is that? I never saw myself as a presenter, but there I was presenting because nobody else had the balls to.

You may have read yesterday that today I was going to be taking part in Fresher's Fresher's TV and I thought it would just be some bloke with a camera and we had to talk into it. But no, take a look at this:

That's an actual TV studio with an actual green screen, with actual very expensive cameras.


We even got an auto-cue. How cool is that?

Now I was all very interested in all the technical magickery that was going on and setting up the cameras with all of those cables to worry about was simply amazing, but no one had the balls to be the third presenter, so I went ahead and did it. I even got to wear an actual lapel-mic, which was cool. I felt all important and stuff. Anyway, it was fairly standard stuff and we had a lot of fun making it. One of our things though was to play pictionary. I got to draw. With beer goggles on. I don't know how on Earth playing pictionary with beer goggles raises the awareness of the dangers of alcohol, but I got to attempt to draw Mr Blobby while everything was a shade of green but in triple vision with cross-eyed-ness as well. So yeah, that was a lot of fun.

It was a genuinely awesome day, and we learned a lot about the awesome cameras and the important of sound levels and everything else.

I'm also going to be on TV next Wednesday as part of the Nasta Fresher's TV thing and I don't know when it's going to be on, or if it's actually going to be on TV properly or just a live stream on the internet or something. I just simply don't know. Either way, Dukey, you're at home still, set your Sky Box to record it when I give you the information.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment