Thursday 13 October 2011

I Feel Like Death

Bear with me, blog fans, I can barely feel my extremities. Basically, I have a massive headache, I'm hungry but I don't want to eat, I'm thirsty but I don't want to drink, my back really hurts, I can barely feel my limbs and my hearing is shot. I don't know what illness you can categorise that under, and I don't really care.

I'm just under the realisation that being ill here, at Uni, is at least ten times better than being ill at home. You see here, no one can actually make a fuss of me because my room is locked and I can spend as long as I want in bed. At home I'd always be expected to get up before midday and do stuff. So it's two o'clock, I've already missed lecture and in an hour I'm going to have missed another.

Also, if I was at home then they'd recommend that I take drugs. If my body was meant to take drugs, then it wouldn't expel them every time I put it in my mouth. When I had swine flu, my Nan forced me to take paracetamol. I don't know or care about what paracetamol is supposed to do, but on the first day I chucked them back up again. And then every other time I had to take them I covertly spat them out. Two days later and swine flu fucked off and let me get on with my life.

See, I'm under the opinion that if I don't take drugs then my immune system will become stronger and more resilient to illnesses. It just seems like I picked up something here that my white blood cells have never come across before. People call it the "Fresher's Flu". I could've easily gotten something from the international students. That seems most likely.

Anyway, that was a quick moan.

Stay safe. Don't take pharmaceutical drugs. Nor illegal drugs. They'll only do you more harm than good in the long run.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment