Saturday 26 May 2012

IT'S HOT



It is indeed fucking hot right now. It literally came out of nowhere. I had my jumper on one day because it was cold, stepped outside the next day and it was like FUUUUUCCKK IT'S HOT. I ran back into my flat and took off many layers as socially acceptable (in this case: one) and continued on with my day.

I also did my exam the other day for Studies in Media Technology. It was alright, a bit harder than I expected it to be, but mainly because I was riled up for writing essays and we were given short-answer questions. It was a bullshit module though. I didn't sign up to do the history of social media, mainly because I don't care about. Sure, throw the history of radios and cameras at me, because that's actually super interesting, but the rest of it is bullshit. I like doing current topics, because that's what media is all about, the now. Seriously, this time last year I sat down and did my A-level media exam and it was so relevant and I could slate the government so much in it that I was like "YEAAAHHH!!" and I got an A. I don't think I did that well this time, and purely because the entire topic isn't actually very topical at all. Suffice to say, I didn't like the style of this module from beginning to end. Even building a radio turned out to be bullshit. I mean, the building part was fun, but the report part that they threw on us a week before the deadline was just utter shit. So yeah, I'm really glad that I don't have to do that module again.

Either way, that night we went out and that was a whole heap of fun. We started off in Ryan's flat playing drinking games. Usually we go to the pub, but I think I preferred this, because it was more personal and less expensive. I'll definitely be suggesting this for the future. After that we went clubbing, because that's what drunk people do. And by god, I'm glad we're going home for the summer. I really don't want to be cooped up in that heat again for that long. I threw my shirt on the floor when I got home and I picked it up again a few hours ago and it was still soaked.

Still, at least my flat is colder than the outside world. It's such a shame that I've come home for the weekend.

Next week should be awesome though.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment