Saturday 18 September 2010

Adventure Friday

It's a little late and this post might not be very long, but hey, it's a post.

First Lesson - Media
I say Media, but I went in, told Miss Mankevic (or whatever the real spelling is) that I'm going to go off and do my work elsewhere, so I joined Dukey, Joe and Becca in top goldfish and got cracking with my poster and website. They're not great, but they're also not crap, and they'll do for a first draft. I like hanging around with these guys; they're pretty cool.

Second Lesson - German
Was this particularly exciting? No, I was just cursing myself for not being able to understand the shit that went on. Seriously, I'm supposed to be good at German. I also made a point to myself that I really shouldn't be with Joe in these lessons since he's just too fucking fluent and good at it, and consistently steals my thunder on translation tasks. I get it, you're better than I am and you want to get the work done so you can piss me off by stealing something of mine. It's no wonder Mr Nicholls thought I was dozing off, because I probably was, cursing myself that I'm not good at German. I should be good at German. On top of that, I should be bloody brilliant at DT, but my results show that I'm rubbish. I need to see where I went wrong, because those results were ridiculous, I sailed through that exam with ease, and upon feedback it seemed like I answered the questions with exactly the same answers as Josh and Westie, and they got fucking A's! Grr, why must I be consistently shite despite the fact that I'm supposed to be in the top band for absolutely fucking everything? I hate myself. I need to sort it out.

Third Lesson - Structured Study
With a RichChief weekly update written (go and see it now at www.richchief.com) I turned my attention towards getting Luke to agree to do some filming, and thus it was so. At 1300 we left.

The Rest of the Day
That's right, I do have Fridays off now, but Joe wasn't offering lifts today and without a way to contact my father, who would probably be sniffing the cleaner's feet anyway, I was doomed to have to return to school before the end of the day. I walked to Luke's house (Luke had a day rider so he took the bus) and after a bit of Dave we filmed the scene, and it looks a lot better now. Then 1500 dawned on me and I decided that it was time to get back to school. Thankfully, Luke gave me his day rider and told me to get on the number 5 bus. The number 5 takes you to ASDA. So, I was stuck in the middle of Corby, somewhere between town and ASDA cursing Luke. So I went back to town, and now only had half an hour before the buses would leave school, so I had to be quick. The NUMBER 6 OR 6A takes you OAKLEY VALE, THE BIT NEAR SCHOOL and after a very quick walk to Mr Jackson's office, dropping off the equipment and then I had to wait for the bus. The bus then arrived, which was a definite sigh of relief, seeing as I had gotten back outside as the other buses were literally raring to go. So yeah, a bus journey to the Beeswing, a walk to town, part of the way with my biggest fans, dropping off my application form and CV in TJ Hughes, walking home, having dinner and then I decided to watch the Green Mile, which is quite possibly the best film I've ever seen. I've never been so close to crying in a film, but this one managed it. If you haven't seen it, go and watch it; it's on Sky Movies at the moment.

Anyway, that was my adventure today.
You're right, I'm not my usual chirpy self, but my usual chirpy self didn't get work done, so it looks like I have to find the balance.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment