Wednesday 29 September 2010

Not-So-Bad Wednesday

You're right, I've missed Tuesday again. I was planning on doing it today, but I've kind of forgotten what happened, so I'm just going to go ahead and do Wednesday instead. Or... I can do both since both days contained boring bits! Ooh, yeah, let's do that.

Tuesday 1 - Free
Ah, what did I do in this free? Let me think back to yesterday. Did anything significant happen at all in this free? I remember breakfasting with Dukey, but that seems to be about it. Oh wait, this was the lesson we spent in bottom red with Becca and (unfortunately my memory seems to be a little hazy here) Bekah. Seriously, I don't know why I can't remember yesterday morning. Freaking weird.

Tuesday 2 - DT
Ah, the worst lesson of the week. Miss fucking Ainsbitch. Grr, she does anger me so. I understand that she angers me for a reason, but still, I shouldn't really need to become angered. Basically, this lesson we had to showcase our models, and all my ideas were in my head, I could answer every question, but they just weren't represented on the crappy model. This is the one thing that pisses me off about DT, the fact that I'm an engineer, yet I can't simply portray that in my coursework.

Tuesday 3 - Structured Study
Right, this lesson I remember getting on and doing eBusiness. As a stalling tactic (because eBusiness confuses the hell out of me and forces me to think beyond creativity and into business and internet terms, something which I don't do) I was setting out the structure for the entire unit, just in case I can't access the VLE. Now I can do the work no matter what.

Tuesday 4 - Media
Ah, what a fun lesson this was. I was making my website page this lesson (damn easier than it is in fucking eBusiness) and it's going pretty well. The brilliant thing about this lesson is that I am pretty much free to do what ever I want with this coursework with literally no constraints. In fact, there's a very likely possibility that I will have done too much work for it by the end.

Tuesday 5 - Free Free Free
That's what we call them now, the communal frees. Okay, yeah, they're either called communal frees or free free frees. Anyway, everyone except Joe and the non-Biologimaticians were sat down in bottom red having a whale of a time. And whales are pretty huge. Again, I remember it was fun, but I don't remember what happened. This is seriously weird, it's like I only remember the bad stuff that happens. Damn my stupid memory.

Wednesday 1 - German
Despite the fact that we were doing a listening test, I don't feel like this lesson was particularly bad. In fact, dare I say I somewhat enjoyed it? Once again my fucking memory doesn't serve me well and I don't remember the awesome jokes that happened, and only seem to remember the bloody exam. Someone better get me some kind of psychiatric evaluation and sort this bloody memory thing out, because it's going to piss me off. Oh, I'll tell you what was funny about Monday's lesson though, when Joe and I were wearing the same thing, and Tom and Paul were wearing the same thing. That created a laugh.

Wednesday 2 - Media
God I love Media. Once again I was working on the website, adding some zombie features to Dukey's face as he was sneaking up on a little-bit-too-relaxed-for-the-beginning-of-a-zombie-invasion Josh. It looks pretty cool, and so do the other pages. I'll have to show you some time. Damn, Sophia and Harry wanted to see my trailer, and I did not show them. After the lesson had finished Miss T looked at my work so that I had an excuse to not go to assembly, and Max and Lottie also stayed behind and we had a good old banter about how Shipley had abandoned Max, but now it was a wake-up call for Max, saying that he could start again and do a trailer, since it was noted that I had the best fun ever doing a trailer, which Lottie also noted, and then Max showed me his storyboard. He's still doing a music video, but this time it looks a lot more fast-paced with varying camera angles and a clear narrative, way to go, Maxy boy.

Wednesday 3 - Structured Study
After a quick walk with the Smack I ended up in the library to get on with some hardcore eBusiness. Suffice to say I got a bit done, but I also finally got contacted by the IT teachers to say that the deadline for the first unit was the end of term, which should be fair enough, but when Dukey and Luke lectured me about exactly how much work I needed to do in order to finish Unit 33 (apparently a good starting one), I started to doubt whether I should actually do eBusiness and go with my original plan of doing an Extended Project. I'll speak to Berny-nard tomorrow. As for eBusiness, I didn't actually understand how much I had to learn in order to do it, and Mr Bernard made it out like it would be something to do in my spare time. Now I realise why everyone needed 2 years to do this. Damn.

Wednesday 4 - The Kids
God how I love my kids. I finally got to do my own teaching today, proper, hardcore teaching. First I set up the laser, then I once again showed the kids how the fricking drill works, then I shouted at the kids in the computer room, and then I got to what this lesson was supposed to be all about. Tapping a screw thread. Yeah, I was all like "watch closely" and all like "one turn forward, and then half a turn back" and like "that's just so that clear some of the swarf" and they were all like "I don't get it" and I was all like "here, I'll demonstrate quickly, and then you can carry on," and it totally happened like that. Courtney said something cracking this lesson though. Anya had said "so you do the taper first..?" and I said "Yeah, and then you use the plug," and then Courtney said "but the one you're holding has tape on it!" Awwwww. I literally ruffled her hair and said "aww" because I found it so amusing, but not "Haha, you're shit," amusing, but more "Aww, you're confused" like you would say to a puppy that has seen itself in the mirror for the first time. It'd be all like "Whoa, who the hell are you? This is my house. *Scratch* Ah! You're protected by an invisible force field, you bitch! That's it, I'm leaving. *Walks off and then turns head back* Yeah that's right, you walk away." I'm humorous. Anyway, yeah, great lesson with the kids today.

Wednesday 5 - DT
Despite the fact that I think I dislike DT the most out of my subjects now, I had quite a bit of fun in today's lesson. I was remaking my model with metal, and once again we were teasing Westie about the fact that they're called POP rivets and not POT rivets. But yeah, the remainder of the lesson was all about pop rivets, and the extra hilarity that ensued using them.

So, they weren't bad days at all, were they? One week to go now. I might double up Thursday and Friday just to be even more freaky. Ooh, dangerous stuff.
Catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment