Tuesday 14 September 2010

I Just Had to Update

Because I didn't want to spoil the weekly my-day post update thing, I decided to wait until today to post what awesome, and shouldn't be forgotten things that happened.

Awesome and shouldn't be forgotten thing number 1:
DT on Monday 3rd. Jesus Christ this was hilarious. After some boring theory, we were tasked with doing three ordinary, everyday tasks... but blind. This was done to test how well blind people get on with day-to-day life and see what they find most difficult, and if we can find any way to overcome it.

Test number one - making tea
Zack Farooq was up first for the tea making. First we made him blind and then set him to work. Needless to say he did quite well. He filled the kettle about quarter of the way with hot water (but we didn't let him turn the kettle on for safety reasons) and then he had to find the teabag. First he picked up the ketchup, and after several minutes of fondling realised that's not what a teabag and then picked up the real teabag, putting it in the cup. He then proceeded to pour water into the cup, and didn't manage to overfill. He then put two teaspoons of [i]salt[/i] into the cup, and overfilled the rest with milk.

Test number two - making a cheese sandwich
This, I feel, was the most difficult task. It was my turn to be blinded and after getting my bearings... the arseholes moved everything! I took everything off the tray to make sure I knocked nothing over, made sure the cheese pot was not where the milk pot was, but after I had lightly buttered the bread with the very small amount of butter I had available, I found the milk pot where the cheese pot should've been! Clearly there was some treachery afoot, and I couldn't find the damn cheese! After several minutes I found the damn cheese and spread it across the bread as best I could. When I came to cut the bread, however, apparently I managed to throw half of a slice off the tray. Mysterious. But anyway, it tasted delicious.

Test number three - washing up
It was Westie's turn to be stabbed in the eyes, and his task was to wash up. This was, by far, the easiest task of the three, seeing as all he had to do was not mix up the washing liquid and the cooking oil. Yes, we did put the cooking oil there, but he wasn't going to be fooled. The only mistake he made was dropping things on the floor. This task wasn't as hilarious.

Awesome and shouldn't be forgotten thing number 2:
Today in Media we were watching each other's work. Suffice to say mine is pretty awesome, and there's only like 2 things I can now improve on it. Everyone else did a pretty good job too. Natalie's one was pretty freaky but long-winded, Imo's song was actually rather brilliant, Charlotte's was really freaky, but again long-winded and Kate and Kelsey's song was also pretty good, and incredibly romantic. Not much else to say aside from the fact that I felt that this was worth noting because of my epic one-liners that will stay fresh in my head as long as this note is here. Hey, don't always think that this blog is for you.

So yeah, those are the things that I thought were worth keeping a note of.
Pretty epic if I say so myself.
Next scheduled post is on Friday.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment