Wednesday 1 June 2011

Deja Vu

Today felt very familiar... familiar in the sort of way that suggests that I haven't done a day like this in an entire year. It was amazing.

First Lesson - German
I started the day with my Joe and my Becca and on our trip around the school we found a Herr Nicholls, and at this point I managed to convince Joe that German would be the best idea since socks. And it indeed was. Only Joe and I were in this lesson because everyone else is incredibly lazy, but that's not the point. We spent the lesson doing translation tasks, and we both learned a valuable lesson - that lesson being that German shouldn't be taken lightly; it's harder than it looks. It was actually very beneficial just us being in there, because then Mr Nicholls could recognise my strengths and weaknesses, which I find very difficult to do. So yeah, it was bloody good.

Second Lesson - Media
I say Media, but it was one of those Media lessons where I turned up, no one was there and Miss Taboada-Naya happened to be busy with coursework, so she sent me the link to all the past papers and I made a good start... and then I read the news because I needed to catch up with super-injunction stuff and to be caught up with the other news happening across the globe. It's all very interesting at the moment, especially with Libya constantly in the pages.

Third Lesson - Nothing
Actually, it was really a continuation of the previous lesson. Although I also tried to fix RichChief today, since the site still doesn't have a banner, but the admin controls are so bloody unintelligible that I couldn't bloody work out how to use the damn thing. I called upon the highest order of HTML Gods, but sadly Westie had already left the building. Damn.

Fourth Lesson - My Kids
Oh the excitement on their little faces as I walked into the department when they thought that I had left already. Aw. Aren't they just the sweetest? We started off in the Lecture Theatre so that the kids could decide what they wanted to do this time. They had four choices. 1: The Can Crusher project. 2: The Sustainability project. 3: Cooking/Catering. 4: Some shit to do with textiles. At the end of decision making, there were too many people going for catering, so Courtney and her friends ran up to me and said, "What one are you teaching?" proving that their choice would be solely based on me, the most awesome person to roam this god-forsaken planet since Jesus. I said I'd be floating about, mainly between the Can crusher and the sustainability project, so they went for the sustainability project. Soon decision making was over and the kids made their ways to the various classrooms. Now you remember how I said I was the most awesome person since Jesus? Well as soon as I walked into Mrs Wright's classroom at least all of the kids asked me if it would be their class I would be with, and it was the same with Mr Brown's class. Aww. As for what actually happened it wasn't all that exciting because it was just the introductions to the projects, but I had a damn good time nonetheless.

Fifth Lesson - Snakes Alive
You know how last year I taught my year 8s Snakes Alive and this was what brought me closer to them and made me realise just how wonderful these kids were? And you know how I wasn't very fond of my year sevens either at the time? Well, since my years 7s have become year 8s they are now too doing Snakes Alive, which is amazing. Unfortunately, they still haven't grown up in the way that My Kids did, so they saw the paper hat making competition as a chance to mess the fuck around. They did it quite well though. I moved from the best group in year 8 to the one I thought was the best group, but it turns out that they're actually horrible children. What are the chances? This year has not been good to these kids, I can tell you that for free. Oh well, I know which group I'll be sticking with until they do practical, and that's with Mrs Wright and Adrian. 8T are at least more fun than the other year 8s, so yeah.

Anyway, that was that day. Pretty cool, huh? I shall be looking forward to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment