Tuesday 6 March 2012

Football Varsity Day



I'm so impressed with us for this. Not only did De Montfort win both games (women's 1-0 and men's 2-1) but we also streamed the entire thing live! If you want to check out both of the games in full, check out this link: http://www.justin.tv/demonfm/b/310726005

Anyway. What else? Oh, I could do an actual foot-y report on both of the games.

So, female DMU vs. female Leicester University. It started off well, the women were pretty hot- I mean, they were pretty good at kicking balls. Footballs. And so... okay, yeah, this whole match report thing is a terrible idea. Basically, during the ... oh I can't remember which half they scored a goal and then won the game. Go Demons!

Anyway, the men's football then began. At this point, apparently the camera I was using stopped recording, and I was pitch-side getting some cracking good shots, but they weren't using them! Anyway, during the first half, Leicester scored so we were a bit like "aww..." and I was forced to film the Leicester team celebrating because I'm not a cunt. Anyway, during the second half I was really pissed off because my camera wasn't recording, so I went up to the vision mixing area and demanded that I use the god camera. It's a Canon XHL1 and you can have it shoulder mounted and aw... I love it. Anyway, so I got to use that for the second half, and it was amazing. Like, it was exciting. Towards the 80th minute I think it was (don't know because for some reason the time was off) I was thinking that DMU couldn't really claw it back and they were starting to get a bit aggressive and clumsy, but then they scored in overtime! Twice! It was cracking, and I genuinely remember breaking away from the camera and throwing my fist in there air, and then immediately remembering that it was more important to film the celebration.

That was quite cracking. As you can probably tell, the men's football was more exciting than the women's. It's not sexism, it's just how it is.

Anyway, this has definitely been the best thing that Demon TV has ever done - or at least while I've been the Head of Production, so that was good.

And soon it'll be rugby varsity!

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment