Thursday 22 March 2012

I GOT RECOGNISED



Yup, that's what it says, and the video explains it quite well.

I would talk about Rugby Varsity, but that was actually really boring. James Langley and I were in the press gantry with LUST (Leicester Union of Students Telly - Probably), and we had the massive and awesome Canon XHA1s, while they were using shitty little Sony Handycams! You know what I record my vlogs on? A Sony Handycam. Although my Handycam is awesome.

But yeah, as for the actual rugby... I didn't follow the women's game at all because it was just SO DULL. The men's also was just SO DULL, but people seemed to care about it more so I kept an eye on the scoreboard. DMU 20 - 8 UoL (University of Leicester). Is that good? I mean, we won, but by the way those guys from Leicester were going on about it while standing behind their shitty cameras, not knowing how to use a tripod correctly, Leicester only needed to get one try to win? I'm pretty sure that DMU got it over that line like three or four times... so ... I just hate rugby. The rules are complicated, the scoring is stupid and it's just not exciting at all to film. As near as I can fathom it, you start the game by kicking the ball to the other team, the other team then runs into yours, you then attempt to knock them down. The ball is dropped, so you all have a massive hug, unless the ball is thrown off-field, in which case there is a throw-in. If by any chance you manage to get the ball, you must then charge your way through a wall of meat to reach a line and then fall over with the ball still in your hand. This, somehow, is equal to three points. Your team then fucks off to the other side of the pitch and hug, while you have to stare down the other team with the ball at your feet. You must then kick the ball between two sticks and this somehow makes another 2 or 4 points. I think. Then, it starts all over again.

In football, however, you kick the ball between each other and when you manage to kick the ball in the net you get 1 POINT and celebrate. Seriously, I was expecting celebration, so I filmed the players... but they just didn't.

WHO INVENTED THAT.

Anyway, I failed to mention that on Sunday I spent the day with Joe and Dukey and that was fun.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment