Tuesday 6 March 2012

Our Trip To Durham

Well I've been quite the busy bunny.

On Saturday, Dukey and I went up to Durham to see our good friend, Joseph Hadden. He's that awesome guy who knows everything about everything. The drive up was incredibly easy and didn't take very long at all, but there was an annoying stretch of the M1 that had a 50mph limit for like 15 miles for about 1 mile of actual roadworks. Da fuck?

Anyway, when we got to Durham, we met Joe, and then we met his flatmates, who are actually pretty awesome. They're better than my flatmates at any rate. But everyone's flatmates who I've met are better than my flatmates so that's okay. Wait, not James Langley's flatmates. I hate Langley's flatmates. They regard me as a celebrity, so whenever they see me they're all like "PETER HUTCHINSON!" and I'm like, "Oh for fuck's sake" and they're like "YES HELLO, I'M PETER" because that's the thing that I said that made me a flat-wide sensation.

Anyway, I'm not here to talk about terrible flatmates, I'm here to show you the wonder of Durham:


That's right, Durham (being an authentic northern city) has an authentic northern river running through it.

And of course, in every authentic northern city, you need an authentic northern cathedral:

It truly is a cracking place to be, and I'm certain that I want to return.

In any case, after we'd had a wander around, we went back to Joe's flat to make dinner plans. Since we were with Dukey, there was literally only one thing we could eat: pizza. But then we went out to look around Joe's area for some places to film Granite Moths; and we found some pretty good places. At this point we then filmed Entry 51 of Granite Moths, and I'd say that it's a cracker. Not the best ever (the best is yet to come) but still cracking good I'd say.

Anyway, after that we ordered some pizzas and used Joe's coupons to pay for half of them. Cracking. After that, though, we went down to the bar with Joe's flatmates to drink some alcohols and chat shit about shit. This was when I decided that I like Joe's flatmates, purely because they're people who just accept other people. And they're all scientists. That does help. I don't know why I like scientists so much more than... well, musicians actually it turns out. I don't know, maybe I just like intelligent people. If you're a friend of mine; feel honoured.

Anyway, the next morning Dukey and I had to leave Joe's flat at like 0800 because Dukey had to have his car looked at by a potential buyer, which was annoying. And of course it was raining for the entire journey and we saw two accidents on the way home. The first one was a complete wreck, and I wouldn't be surprised if the injuries were fatal. The car had flipped completely, the front end crushed and the roof had caved in. So, not a rally car. The second accident was actually a little funny. A Mercedes SL (the really nice one) had crashed into the back of a ... I want to say Smart car, but I think it was actually a Toyota Yaris. Either way, the Mercedes had its front light taken out and the front bumper was a little worse for wear, but it looked like it had completely totalled the Yaris. Like, the Yaris had its entire back end just ... well just gone. However, everyone was fine, and just pissed off standing next to their cars while the police questioned them. In the rain. That makes it a little bit funny.

Either way, we had a great time in Durham and I now can't wait more than ever to be back home to see the old gang again.

Was going to post about the Varsity day, but now I've run out of time, and this day really deserved its own post.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment