Monday 16 April 2012

Gadget Show Live

What an awesome day this was. The Gadget Show Live was a chance for the best of the technology industry to strut their stuff and show off all of their latest tech, some of it not yet released to the public.

For example, Lenova were showcasing their "innovative" new tabtop. I'm going to call it a tabtop because they didn't. It's a semi-decent notebook that, when you fold it over, becomes a tablet. WOW. The only reason that this is impressive is that they are really the first to do it like this. All other companies have done tablets with detachable keyboards. But if I'm honest, it is about time that there is a laptop on the market that you can fold flat. I mean, I never use my laptop flat, but I'd feel a lot better about the safety of my laptop if it could fold flat. Plus then, you can have wall mounts for laptops so you can fully integrate them with your house. Say you're a software developer and you're building a programmable house. How convenient would it be for you to hold your laptop, and then put it on the wall so you can program a room! I should be in the technology industry inventing this shit.

Anyway, what else did we see? Well, in the morning Dukey and Josh decided it would be an amazing idea to play on this bike thing, and they managed to get on the leaderboard!


This was just the start of a horribly heated competition.

Soon it was time for the actual live show, which naturally didn't skimp out at all on the tech:


Yes, that is a live Twitter feed on that giant circular TV. I know how those are made now. It's quite impressive. And expensive. But either way, the show was awesome. It had a dude with lasers, a dude with a helicopter, and awesome robotic bird, it had everything! Including attractive women!


I mean, the attractive women were just part of it. They weren't the whole thing, but they were part of it. I would share more pictures of the live show with you, but my video camera only takes pictures when it recognises faces and wants to take pictures.

I'm going to make a video of this soon.

So what else was there? Well, there were robots with deadly, deadly weapons:


There was a jet-powered bike:


And there were even mega awesome super funky cracking spiffing all of the above cameras that made me WOW:


It's embarrassing that my pathetic little Lumix couldn't even take a high quality picture of those Canons. I must have one of those. It's imperative. I mean, for god's sake, those lenses need bipods! That's super cool by anyone's standard. Sure it'd cost like £10,000 + to get one of those but it'd be worth it. It'd be so worth it.

Anyway, towards the end of the day, the one thing that kept Dukey awake and active was the thought of being the number one of that stupid bike thing:


Yes, well done.

So that was good fun, and as I say I'll be putting together a video montage of the event soon enough.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment