Sunday 29 August 2010

Epic Zombie Showdown

But it wasn't all about zombies this weekend, I also had an epic time with the cast and Krewe. (See what I did there?)
So Saturday began with me hauling my oodles of equipment from the boot of the 5 series into Luke's house to find the McIntyres working on polishing up Luke's automobile and then suddenly ein Wilder Joe erschienn *Pokémon kaempf Musik*. Actually, I was quite surprised by this, since my drop in on Luke was supposed to be a surprise, and I was expecting a phone call from Joe saying, "do you want me to give you a lift?" but he was mysteriously already there. I then worked out that they had been to the comedy club the night before, and then they invited me to the next comedy club night, at which time Rufus Hound will be performing and I said "Absolutely."

Anyway, I digest.
We worked our way into town with the oodles of equipment, and then a security guard said "you're not planning on filming here are you?"
"No, don't worry, just passing through."
...
*Turn to Joe*
"We are planning on filming here."
Then we saw Becca, Maisie and Josh and they joined us on our epic quest. We went up a lift and set up the camera, out of the security guard's sight. Then, two more people came and told us off, explaining where we go to get permission to film, and I said,
"Oh okay, sorry, thank you for the heads-up."
And then we left town.
We then arrived at West Glebe Park, so aptly named "Wessie" and hung around and played Frisbee and ate doughnuts until we decided to get some filming done, and then we got some filming done.
This next part of the story you can pretty much look at on Facebook, because all the pictures are there that explain everything in perfect detail, along with my amusing captions.
But to put it into a nutshell, we arrived in the woods, Luke and Josh ran off with the tripods to go and play snipers, then we found them, told them off, and then we filmed the first running through the woods scene, which was pretty awesome, and then Dukey arrived, or he arrived before we started filming. I don't know. Then we started getting ready for the next scene, which was hilarious, as you can tell from the Facebook photos, and Becca's scream was pretty damn blood-curdling.
We then walked back to Luke's house when the rains started coming, but along the way it stopped. What did we do at Luke's house? I can't remember. I think Two and a Half Men came on, and as funny as that program is, I think it kind of spoiled the mood a bit, especially when it reached the third episode. So it was then decided that we'd walk Becca to her house, so we could see her new puppy. Aww. Puppy. Hehe.
After she stole Joe we went to get some chips and we nommed them. We nommed them good. So good. And then Joe took Bekah home, and then we took Aimee home, along some stupid path that Luke corrected later when we departed from her, Maisie and Josh.
We arrived back at Luke's house when the lighting was better to do some more running scenes, which look pretty awesome.
Luke then offered to drive me home once his insurance was done, so I spent the night there and the next morning I had a thought, I need to do a bit more filming, so we got that done and then he drove me home. Luke isn't a half bad driver, I'll have you know, and he got me home in 15 minutes, which is perfectly reasonable.

So anyway, that was my weekend. It was awesome. And it's not over! Josh H has invited me to somewhere, but we don't know where yet.
But it'll be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment