Wednesday 16 March 2011

Berlin: Freitag 11/03

So the final day in Berlin was upon us. We met up at school as usual for our last Deutsche Stunde. Joergi started by giving out our awesome certificates that we were given for being awesome. Today we had several huge heated discussions about burkas and religion and shit.

So after school it was decided that we should go to the Ampelmann restaurant at Hackescher Markt because it had Ampelmann in the Titel and because we we had some money in the budget. Hoier decided to be a bumscheissnork and not be with the group for this one and go for a Chinese instead of pizza. I had pizza with scampi on it, which is a first and also delicious. It was at this moment that I put it to Joe that I might have Crohn's disease, but the lack of concern on his face made me a little easier about it. I've probably miss-diagnosed myself. Meh. I'm just saying that it would link my amazing immune system to my terrible digestive system. But that's not what we should be talking about. Diese ist die Zeit von Berlin and nichts anders.

After lunch we went on another Pfand run to try and get rid of the glass bottles and so after a whole fracking hour of walking around trying to find Edeker and then a Supermarkt, das Rewe heisst, it was apparent that no Pfand Machin nimmt glase Flaschen. Das ist doof. However, after wasting our time we met up with everyone else am Alex including eine wilde Janina. We hopped on a Strassenbahn and headed towards Janina's Haus fuer Abendbrot.

Half an hour on the train and a bus journey later and we were bei Janina. We were chapperoned into her Lebensraum after her wirklich heisse Schwester, die Verena heisst, nahm unsere Jacke. We were then given Baumkuchen, which means tree cake. Basically, you get your cake seeds and plant them, butter and egg them every couple of weeks and after seven years it'll be ready to eat. Unfortunately, we ate the only Baumkuchen in existence.

The Boltze Factor

After that, Mairaid, Josh, Caitlin and I became X-Factor judges and made everyone perform. We picked our roles carefully. As she was the meanest, Mairaid took on the guise of Simon Cowell. Because he couldn't do a good Irish accent, and funnily enough does a wicked impression of her, Josh became Danni Minogue. Because I have an amazing Irish accent, I was Louis Walsh and because it just makes sense, Caitlin was Cheryl Cole. We saw... two performances. One of Paul and Hoier re-enacting Eastenders, rather well actually, and then Lofty and Nat decided to show us a bro-hug. They can't bro-hug; they're chicks. The theory was sound, but practically it just didn't work for them.

For dinner we had chilli con carne, which was delicious and to drink we had this awesome German beer that I forgot to take a picture of again. Damn. Oh well, there's always the next Berlin trip.



These pictures can tell a story better than I can any day. In fact, those pictures aren't very informative, but whatever. When I wrote this, I must have thought I'd created some kind of story arc with the pictures that I had taken, but I really hadn't. To fill in the blanks, we basically sat around and talked for the rest of the night. It was pretty cool. 


After fairwelling the Boltze family we jumped into some cars and headed for the train stop. At this point, Kyle (the year 12 that pointlessly came on this trip and didn't fit in at all except maybe with Westie) said to me that everybody hates him. Outside voice said, "Nah, you're an okay guy," but inside voice was all like, "You're a dick and I hate you. You haven't ever tried to not be a dick and there are at least funfmillionen Gruende as to why everybody hates you. Before you signed to go on this trip you should've thought, "Hmm, you know what? I should really think about what I'm about to do. Okay, after much thought, I have decided that I will not go with people who will undoubtedly hate me and therefore ruin the group dynamic," but did you? No." Inside voice was very angry at him.

So after giving Janina a massive hug we reluctantly got on the train. We managed to make fun of this last empty train journey Verkehrsmittel-surfed all the way back to Alex. That was quite fun. I want to put this on the record now thought. Caitlin decided that she'd take us all out on the town in the summer so that we can get a taste of her life since she has been forced into ours and figuratively raped with our foul language and strange tendencies. It's been fun though.

If Saturday is worth blogging about, then I will, but this signals the end of our stay in Berlin. Sad face.

One day, we shall return. You haven't seen the last of us yet, city of prosperity and lesbians.

Okay, so if I were to summarise Saturday, Josh played with the luggage trolley, we argued about the direction we were taking to get back to Luton and then we played with Caitlin's hair on the bus journey back to Brooke. 


So, what a week, eh? Berlin is quite possibly the best city in the world. It's all totally new and tailor made to suit our needs. It has the best transport system... in the world. It has the best Bratwurst man... in the world. In fact, it has all of the best Bratwurst men in the world. Also, when travelling with the best people on the planet, what the hell would be better? 


I'm Peter "Bugs" Hutchinson and this has been my take on Berlin. I'll catch up with you England-folk soon enough. 


P to the S: Becca complained about all the German in here. I realise that I put German in here, and yes I realise that makes it a little harder to read. I must reinforce the fact that I have written here what I wrote in my notepad, otherwise it wouldn't be first and final and it most certainly wouldn't stand for what I stand for. I give my sincerest apologies if you got annoyed or frustrated at the amount of German in here, but heck, I was in Germany and my mind was telling me to write in German. Just be thankful that I didn't start any of the posts in German, otherwise we'd be in a whole world of mess. 

2 comments:

  1. Putting all of the german in it just makes it more diffult for the non-germaners to understand. The only people that can understand this are the people who were there. :(
    I feel stupid

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you are! (And I was kidding there - don't worry :>)

    Regarding Kyle: Yeah, we pretty much spend all the time discussing topics regarding topical politics, so that's why we get on.

    And regarding the Caitlin thing: Does that include everyone? :3

    ReplyDelete