Sunday 13 March 2011

Berlin: Sonntag 06/03

So, at exactly some time near half past one on the 6th of March 2011, Josh rolled up in his hatchback and stole me away from my family and drove me to school. After saying goodbye to Laura and Josh's Dad we started to load the coach that had been so bountifully supplied by Bizzy Bees. Josh and Joe put it to themselves that they would manage to fit all of the luggage in the hold, despite our doubts. They actually had to unload it twice to fit it all in. Oh, first funny of the day was Caitlin managing to not bring a huge-ass suitcase full of everything you'd need to start a war. I applauded her.

So, the bus journey began. I can only really describe this in picture form.
The "Who can take the oddest picture of Westie?" competition

Caitlin makes a wonderful diet coke advert

Luckily, check-in was empty so we got through without hassle. Then the girls all gave me their food, which was awesome. Departures was cool too. Various things happened. Oh yeah, Josh decided to give my Situation picture 6 tits. I won't post it on here on the grounds that once was enough, and I've done it twice.

Then plane stuff happened. We thought we'd lost Tom for a moment because he took an in-opportune piss. Then we got on the plane. Nothing was wrong. Easyjet was on-time and running. Odd. We spent the journey doing this quiz that asks you questions and you have to answer them with the correct answer... much like many other quizzes, actually.

The plane then touched down and we were in Berlin. *Party pop* The next funny was at arrivals when we had a choice of two queues. We adamantly went with the right queue, and when it was apparent that the left one was quicker, people moved. Then Caitlin finally gave in and I threatened to scold her. But then it was apparent that the woman in front of our line was a terrorist so we all eventually moved. I then ran to find Caitlin so that I could scold her, purely on a matter of principal.

We then raced to the train, got on it and went to Alexanderplatz. Westie and I then met Herr Elimer. He's and alright guy, but a bit orderly for my tastes. He's your run-in-the-mill single-old guy who likes cats. He also watched us eating. He didn't eat though. It was kind of weird. Also, this bit is in italics because this is present me talking. Past me did all of that talking. Literally, it's like word for word and shit. But eventually I got used to him. Before too long he was actually using me to translate Westie-German into proper Deutsch. But yeah, that's that. 


Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment