Thursday 18 February 2010

Today's Thursday

Yeah, last week I did Wednesday.
This week I do Thursday.
Guess what day next week will be!
That's right.
The rapture.
When we find out whether the atheists were right or not.

Anyweg, same structure as before.

First Lesson - DT
Exciting stuff. To fill you in, this term we've been working our asses off to get our practicals done. It's a bigger project than all other projects of all time in DT, yet instead of a whole year to do it, we get 8 weeks. 7 weeks actually, we did catch up work in week one. So yeah, fortunately last Friday the tube I had ordered at the end of week 1 had finally arrived. Yeah, I know, it was ordered from Germany, but still, 6 weeks? That's pretty poor. So I finally started drilling it, first with a hand drill, failed, power drill, failed, pillar drill.. now we're getting somewhere. Then Mrs Quinreynolds wasted 20 minutes of my time by telling me that I hadn't done enough for Criterion 2, oh. Meh.

Tutor Time
Arrived about ten minutes late. Exchanged greetings with Lamaal. End.
I should probably try to be more talkative in tutor time, I mean, these are the guys that I'm supposed to have been best friends with since the first day of year 7. Needless to say these days I spend my tutor time talking only to Lamaal and attempting to avoid the stinking black man. That's not racist. He's black and he smells. Plus I don't know how to spell his name. But yeah, he's annoying. Also I think he has a thing for Lamaal. Just a small observation.
Wow, I managed to actually talk a little bit more about tutor time than I thought I would. Cool.

Second Lesson - Krewe time
It was disrupted by a piano lesson at the beginning, but hey, sacrifices and everything.
To be honest I can't really remember what happened.
Talks about football and sports and science and a helluva lot of other stuff.
That's what krewe time is.
Talk time.

Third lesson - Structured Study
Further krewe time. Indeed it is only with two of the krewe, Lujamc and Pedadu, but they're fun people.
Spent the lesson attempting to do what Mrs Quinreynolds had told me to do.
Don't know how I quite managed to stretch it out for that long.
Oh yeah, she told me to render my design, by colouring the parts the colour that they will be. Congratulations, ProDesktop, your rendering program is god awful, and only renders solid colours, crappy glass and for some reason brick walls. Why would I design a brick wall in ProDesktop? That's right, I wouldn't.

Fourth Lesson - Media
Another lesson spent watching drama. Wasn't too bad. Casualty apparently has some humourous qualities about it. Yet, for some reason, they can't show a man being kicked in the ging gang goolies. His manhood. The private area. The 'no fly zone'. The baby-giving syringe. The diddly daddle. Willy.

Fifth Lesson - German
Mr Nicholls was tired out from doing speaking assessments all day so we got to watch some Tatort. It's basically a German crime drama, and of course Tatort stands for Crime Scene. That's right, CSI's name is totally unoriginal. I don't care that they abbreviated it. This came with some great acting from Pedadu and the others, who had to lip-sync with the characters. Failed.

So yeah, this wasn't actually your average Thursday.
It was for the most part, up until German.

Good-bye everybody! - As Simon Amstell would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment