Thursday 28 October 2010

Blog Roll

I was going to name the post "Let's keep this blog rolling" but then I realised the hilarious connotations of simply writing "blog roll". It's totally hilarious and that makes me awesome. Also, for just thinking of that term, I now win. Suck it.

I realised that post-count was down for this month, so this is a pointless attempt at getting my post-count for this month on par with the others. I also have a whole lot more crazy than I used to thanks to a lot of pick-me-ups, Hyperbole and a Half and several other factors.

How could I incorporate some of this extra crazy though? Actually, I could tell you about this.

"There's being at the event, and loving it. Then there's reading about the event on Hutch's blog which is totally hilarious and suddenly there's an added spin on it. I love Hutch's blog. It's the best thing in the world. If I could personify Hutch's blog, I'd make love to it. Over and over. In and out. Shake it all about. Like that."
Okay, yes, I paraphrased, but the kind words of Joshua Hilton are in there somewhere, but with an added spin. Fuck yeah. How about that interpretation of events?

Maybe I'm letting this get to my head a little. But fame and fortune only come to those who either reveal themselves extremely publicly (like the most publicly you can, such as coming out of a limo at a red-carpet event) or work really hard and do something awesome. At the moment, I have three claims to fame:
1. I'm a totally awesome teacher
2. I made a totally awesome film trailer, which people will be all like 0.0 when I put it on YouTube
3. I have the best blog on the face of the planet. I'm not even joking about this. Well, maybe a little bit.

My rise to fame will come through hard work, not through being a crack-whore. On that note, here's an interpreted event.

I had just had a whole wave of my kids funnel past me, and I was greeted in the same way I always am, with lots of "PEETER!!!!"s and pokes. At the time, I was with Dukey, so here's a little scripted event.
Duke: You're almost like a celebrity.
Me: Yeah, I really feel their pain.
Duke: (Looks surprised at me, as if I was putting myself in the same boat as celebrities)
Me: I'm going to put them out of their misery.
Duke: (Again, looks surprised, but it was a lessened surprise) Oh well I thought you had finally decided that you weren't going to kill all celebrities. Apparently I was wrong.

Again, that was paraphrased. I should also point out at this point that I really despise the whole celebrity culture. Did you know, for example, that Wayne Rooney and Colleen had a fight over the dinner table? This was first page news. On the Sun, no doubt, but yet they still felt it was important enough to stop people from doing their important, productive things to tell them that a couple had a fight. Guess fucking what. People have fights all the time. ALL THE TIME. I probably have several arguments each day. Sometimes I argue with myself in my sleep. However, nobody gives a shit, so what makes this argument so special? :O There's a follow-up article saying "We're fine". OMG like LOL and other abbreviated phrases that now mean absolutely nothing. All that worry over something that is apparently nothing. Who the fuck reads this shit?

I just realised the irony of my last statement.

Is there anything else that can be discussed? I don't think so. Aside from simply stating that Josh's take on carbon footprints was utterly hilarious. Never has anyone ever kicked their shoe into the field of vision while shouting "CARBON FOOTPRINT!" just as he was told to start talking about such and such to do with global warming. We were making a RichChief video, what more can you expect? You'll have to watch it when it's up on YouTube and RichChief.

Well I think that'll be all.
I should have named this blog Blog Roll; it's just so hilarious.
Next time I'll even add in some Aloe-Vera, just for extra comfort.
Until then, readers.

1 comment: