Tuesday 14 December 2010

Good News!

Today was so crazy and fantastic and awful that I just had to blog today. The 'my day' blog will be with you tomorrow, so I'll just go on some nonsensical raving. Also, on the note of nonsensical ravings, Luke has started posting again and he's not a bad blogger. Read him. Read him like you have read me.

So, the topic of today is good news. The start of the day was just about the worst start of a day you could ever have ever. Like seriously. I woke up, had a wash, went back to bed and apparently fell asleep and slept through 45 minutes worth of alarms. How? Never-mind that, at 7:48 I fell out of bed, jumped into some clothes and rushed out the door. At 7:50, the bus is scheduled to get to the bus stop. I got to the bus stop at 7:56, but not after running across really wet grass, falling over and getting caked in mud. I may have caught the bus if my bag didn't split open. But I digress. This was the most disheartening part of the day. I went home, grabbed some money and went to the X4 bus stop. It was 8:09. The X4 is scheduled to arrive at 8:03. "Bollocks" I cursed loudly, and then waited another billion years to cross the busiest road on the face of the planet. I then tried to get the caked mud off my trousers while I could hear my Dad getting dressed. Luckily he took the day off work in order to fetch my brother from Uni, so I begged for a lift off him. This was at 8:22. I arrived at school at 8:35. That's bloody lucky, since lessons start at that exact time. So, with my trousers still partially coated with mud, I found a Harry and a Joshi. That was the bad start of the day, and couldn't shake the tiredness from the running and shouting, and the coughing that I was now experiencing, as if I had smoke a day's worth of cigarettes while I was running and shouting.

That's just about the worst thing that has ever happened to me on the journey to school. Well, apart from the time I got raped by the Happy Tree Friends, but at least that time I caught the bus on time. What's next?

Yeah, let's bring up the mood slightly. I have Walter forever! *Party pop* We got him back a few weeks ago, and he hasn't left and with my Dad saying "He stays here now", that was all the confirmation I needed. He's my dog now. I'll tell you what, he's recently taken the habit of thinking that my hands are acceptable to bite. While I have no qualms with this, since I can control him when his jaw locks on my thumb, it does get quite painful after a while. Still, I wouldn't have him any other way. Every time I walk through the door he bounds up to me, claws at my thigh and then I grab his paws and make him dance, or I get the underside of his chin and he wraps his paws around my arm as he tries to bite my hand. Awww. He's simply the best dog in the world. Ever. There is literally no argument. Seriously, when you put any dog on the top bunk and watch him flail about trying to somehow, someway find a way down, you can't help but just feel like there is nothing better in this world than Walter.

Right, moving on. What else can I talk about? Ooh, for all us lot in year 13, Courtney informed me that for the Christmas lunch we get little pink muffins and they are apparently delicious. I hope I have enough money for Christmas lunch, just for that. I trust Courtney's judgement. Her exact words were "They're goorrrrrrrrrgeous!" If that isn't an advertisement for muffins, I don't know what is. Apparently there were some guys breakdancing at the disco, and we've all missed out on that. They also apparently did it in Assembly, so we double missed out. God-damn it. Their disco was a million times better than any of ours, since the DJ actually gave them the microphone so they could do karaoke. Why weren't people this cool when we were in year 9? I'm so going to DJ next year, just so I can make it more awesome than anyone's ever seen ever.

I just heard my brother say, "Watch it, because they're underage." ... What the fuck? He wasn't like "Hey, watch out for them" it was genuinely said like "Watch them. Stare at them" and now I'm really freaked out. I'm sure I've taken it entirely out of context, but still, that's such a weird thing to say! Discuss.

Also today, I had a brilliant time with Luke and Dallamore during third after lunch. We essentially just stood above the Christmas market and watched all the people in their funny costumes trying to advertise. We were standing there for a good twenty minutes, and not once did they try and sell anything to us. That's just poor.

Anyway, that's all the hilarity and good news I have for one day. Catch you tomorrow.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment