Friday 17 December 2010

Super Christmas Adventure Episode I - The Phantom Spruce

I said I'd be updating in a rapid fashion, but I intend to keep these updates pretty short just in case you're here in a week's time and you've got a million years worth of posts to catch up on. I don't want you straining your eyes or anything, but hey, if it's my blog you're straining your eyes on, I'll be happy. I don't want to catch you straining your eyes on anyone else's blog, you harlots.

Anyway, what did happen upon this very fine occasion? Well, Becca's present arrived yesterday, so I needed to take it to her. Luckily she was at Joe's house, so when they had returned home from shopping, I hauled the package over with me. When I arrived Becca was wrapping presents because Joe couldn't be bothered, but Joe was making tea so it kind of balanced out. By watching Becca wrap up I finally understood how people actually manage to wrap up presents nicely. See, she was cosmetically altering the wrapping as she went along, cutting off bits that were too long and using just enough tape to stick it down. My tactic is either A: Don't wrap up at all or B: Get a load of paper and a lot of tape and hope for the best.

After that, I discovered a drink that I can have on cold days to warm me up (because I despise hot drinks, although I should probably re-try tea because I haven't in a while), and that's red grape juice. It's wonderful. Despite it being cold, it tasted warm, and that's the important thing.

Then Becca opened her present, and I was quite anxious because the Amazon box it came in was punctured and it didn't feel properly secured while I was carrying it, but it was fine. She looked on it in amazement. I had gotten her a Sun Jar, and she loved it. It was the height of entertainment for the night.

Anyway, after this we went to get Joe's Christmas tree from Boughton House, which was actually really easy. Joe's Dad talked to a guy, a tree was picked, packaged and we were gone again. We got back home, Joe's Dad clipped the tree and then Joe, Becca and I were tasked with decorating it. Here's what all of our hard word amounted to:

Oops, it appears we've gotten in the way.

Better.

That's a pretty awesome tree. In fact, it's the only participation I've had with Christmas decorations this year at all, and I'm pretty damn pleased it was with these two :)

Until our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment