Tuesday 28 December 2010

Super Christmas Adventure Episode V - The Entire Week Strikes Back

I should've done a post for Christmas Day, I know. If not that I should've posted on Boxing Day. I apologise. It's now Monday and you still haven't got your hexology of the Super Christmas Adventure, and time is running out. I guess episode six will have to be New Years, but that's not for another few days yet so just be patient. We'll get there.

So, what on Earth has been happening over the past week? Note: The date of post release is Tuesday 28th, but I will endeavour to update as I go along. 


I guess I'd better start with Christmas Day since that's kind of a big deal around here. It's either about a fat guy with a beard that breaks into people's homes and steals their food and wine, but then for some reason leaves a load of stuff under a fir tree... or it's about a kid who became born about a month from now two thousand and ten years ago. That kid grew up to have a beard. Wait a minute...

:O NO WAY!

It all makes sense now. In fact, let me throw you another written theory at you.
Father Christmas/Santa
Son Jesus/Emanuel
Holy Ghost of Christmas Past/Present/Future

Duh!

So on Clausemas Day I got up thinking "Shit, it's Christmas Day" because that means that A: I have to get up an hour earlier than I intend and B: I have to spend time with the people I'm forced to live with. This makes it the single worst holiday EVER. There are a few upsides to this though. One being that there is a lot of delicious food like turkey, stuffing and pigs in blankets. The other being that it is at this time of year that I get an upgrade to something I already own. This year I got a laptop. It's the best laptop in the world. Not only does it have good everything, but it's also like a billion inches wide (that's a lot of inches) and better than that, I can now plug it into my new 32 inch awesome TV to watch movies in HD. I can't even watch movies in HD on the Sky TV. I'll tell you something funny, Google Chrome doesn't recognise the word movies, but it does recognise monies. That's a little hilarious. You know what else Google Chrome doesn't recognise? Google. It doesn't even have its own name in the dictionary. Hahahahaha. 


So yeah, that pretty much sums up Christmas Day. Boxing Day is good because I can get up at whatever time I want and spend all day alone, that is until we visit my great auntie and uncle. I have no qualms with my auntie and uncle, since they've always been the relatives that I don't mind being related to through this whole adoption thing I went through soon after birth. The one funny thing I remember about this event is when I went all grammar police on my Nan after she said "You were... no sorry, you was," and my insides literally started to burn. I soon put her in her place, "Why did you correct yourself wrongly?" That's exactly what she did. She had the correct answer, but then she went ahead and picked the wrong one. Well, that's what you get for being from Wolverhampton. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but people from Wolverhampton are idiots, purely for that incident. She's let the team down.

Anyway, Christmas Day Bank Holiday Monday. That's what it's called. We literally have another day to celebrate Christmas and Boxing Day all over again. We have Christmas Day Bank Holiday Monday, and Boxing Day Bank Holiday Tuesday. Since when has there been bank holiday Tuesdays? And why don't we have more of them? It's heresy, I say. Anyway, Monday, I got to have a wonderful walk with Bekah. Yeah, I can't actually talk any more about this because of the confidentiality of the conversation, but I did learn something about myself.

Bekah is all about letting everyone know how things are, what's going on and what's happening inside her head. I am not. In fact, it has become completely apparent that I don't do emotions any more, and I'm just 'fine' with how everything is. For her, this was a problem because she couldn't get a word out of me. I've given up on drama. As I said with hand movements, "Drama's over here, I'm over here." I do have seven thousand problems inside, but if they don't appear here then it's apparent that either they're just recurring problems that I'm now bored of and can't be arsed with any more, or they're just tedious and I don't care about them. I think it's a good thing that I don't let things get me down now though, or I'd probably have just given up. Besides, since when did you guys want to hear about my problems anyway? Apparently Bekah's very interested in them. In fact, she managed to get me to open up about who I've liked in the past. That's another thing I've put behind me, because stupidly I now think pointless infatuation is awful and I'd rather just not give a damn about it. But no, she did swindle something else out of me which I won't divulge here because it's public and people read me now.

However, on the flip side I'm awesome and problems don't come under the title of awesome, so fuck them. Yeah.

So, what happened on Boxing Day Bank Holiday Tuesday? As far as I remember, nothing happened at all. It was a lonely day of loneliness, spent I think on the Xbox. Let's move on.

Now Wednesday is a day worth mentioning. My first job of the day was to make £20, which I did, and I was content with that. My second job of the day was to go to the bank and get my current account sorted out. Hah. What a joke. I went into the bank to be told that the advisor for accounts was on holiday, and that everyone else in the world was busy. Quite frankly, I think I could've done this alone, because it doesn't really sound that difficult. Yorkshire Bank advertise the fact that all you have to do is sign a few papers and they do the rest, so why do I need an advisor? In any case, I walked out without a bank account and was annoyed. Anyway, later that day, Joe, Bekah and I had another Jonathan Creek evening. We've very nearly run out of JC, which is quite distressing. How would we be alive without JC? Okay, it's not exactly our lifeline, but JC is amazing. Wait a minute, I'm having a revelation. What if it's not about JC? What if it's about us three from BSide hanging out and having a good time? JC just factors into the equation because it's awesome. Intriguing theory.

Thursday happened today and I haven't done anything except set up the new printer we have (it's awesome) and recorded the first ever RichChief Podcast (it's awesome). Be sure to look out for the podcast when it comes about soon enough.

Anyway, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday is today and that means I'll carry this on later although Friday is New Year's Eve and therefore the start of Episode VI, ooh. Episode VI will be completely reserved for New Year's, I can assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment