Wednesday 6 April 2011

My-Kid-Got-Through-a-Whole-Conversation-without-Adjectives Wednesday

Since today was teaching day, I thought it would be good to use today's adjective something said by Casey, one of my kids, during the conversation we had earlier. As it turns out, she didn't use one single solitary adjective. Not one. She could've described how she hated the Baccaloriat with a fiery passion, but no. She didn't. How annoying is that? I used a bunch of adjectives. Oh well, she's only 14. She's only got GCSEs coming up. What more can you expect?

Anyway, before I begin, I'd like to share this with you:
Gilligan of the Gilly-Willy Tribe von Greater Ealing near King's Cross

Yes, Westie snapped this photomograph of Mr Gilligan (who we all assumed was a hermit) at something train station going to or coming from York. How cool is that?

Anyway, on with the day.

First Lesson - Deutsch
We were reading about Die Welle in this lesson. It wasn't too exciting. I'm just trying to remember the story he told us about. I remember it being quite funny. Although it's probably completely irrelevant. Oh yeah, it was about this kid who jumped out of a window in one of his lessons. Hmm. Yeah, totally irrelevant.

Second Lesson - Media
I say Media - note to self: I've got loads of work to do for Media - but since we didn't have a teacher I went to the library to work on the Norra script with Sophia. It's going quite well now and we've almost sorted it all out. It's going to be awesome

Third Lesson - Free
It was pretty much the same as last lesson, if I'm going to be honest with you.

Fourth Lesson - Teaching
You know what? My kids are really opening up to me now. Olivia started the lesson by singing to me, which was annoying. Bethan started the lesson by being loud and annoying. Travis started the lesson - note to self: destroy Travis before he taints the name of my old diary and the Boy with No Name. What am I kidding? He's already ruined all of it. I hate that child - by skeeting around the class with his annoying squeaky shoes. This is definitely the most annoying group I've had ever. I even had to shout at one and send them out last week. It did feel good though. I was all like, "Get out," and he was all like, "no" so I was all like, "Come on, we're going to see Mrs Wright right now" and he was all like, "No!" so at this point I was half way across the room expecting him to get up, but when he didn't I turned around, gave him the sternest look I've ever sterned and shouted right into his face, "LET'S GO! RIGHT NOW! ... Mrs Ainscow, have you seen Mrs Wright around? Only Chris here is being really annoying and I don't want him in my classroom anymore." The teachers then commended me for giving him a damn good shouting at. But yeah, back to the present. Since that was a hit among the kids, they've been mimicking me all bloody week, especially Bethan. Grr. Oh well, I've found my favourite kids in this class now, so it's cool. They're Jake and his friend Bethany. Jake's your run-in-the-mill "cool guy" who doesn't get very much work done, but I can tolerate him. And you all know that I love tolerable students. I also like the kids who tell me stories, just the ones I can get on with. You'd think it'd be the best students in the class, but you know what? They can just be so damn boring. I'm not even sure there is a best student in my class though. No one seems to be exceptional. In terms of drawing ability though, Jake and Bethany are definitely the best. But drawing ability doesn't allow you to climb mountains in DT, does it now?

Fifth Lesson - DT
Mrs Ainscow came up to me and said, "I don't understand why you've got a special friend. I told Mrs Cockroft that we're working on a one-to-one basis to solve the issue so there isn't really a problem." Oh yeah, I haven't told you all that I have a "special friend". That means that a senior member of staff is keeping track of the work I'm currently doing. I understand why Mr Bernard put me with Mrs Cockroft, but he doesn't seem to have looked at the facts. Cocky has fed back to me on what my teachers have said, and it's exactly as I expected. "He's doing brilliant work in German," "He's well ahead of the other students in Media," "I'm working with him to solve the issues in DT." I think the only reason is that I'm an anomaly on their spreadsheets of the students. My target grades are pretty much all Bs (averaging out for argument's sake) and my grades are just not following them, whether it be above or, in one case, slightly below. You see what that means is that the school absolutely despises it when someone comes off their nice little set of rails that the students must follow to the word, and a special friend is their way of getting students who don't follow their nice little set of rails to get back on the track. Oh well, Rofty Cock knows the situation and is pretty much in the same frame of mind that I'm in now, that being the, "Why the hell do I need a special friend?" Anyway, that's not about this lesson. This lesson was all about getting a bloody screw thread to fit through another bloody screw thread. It's fine up to a point, but then it isn't. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the components. It's just Sod's law trying to slow me down. Damn it, Sod!

Okay, that's me done and done and done for this healthy portion of My Day. I'll see you around soon enough, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment