Wednesday 25 May 2011

Analysis of Popular Searches

I am just brilliant. There are no two ways of saying it. I mean, seriously, who else on this planet has such a wide and varied blog such as mine? Let's take a look at the reasoning:

The quote: "That has got to be the dumbest thing that- whoa, whoa..." from Portal has led four people to the site from searching this on Google.

"Three tits?!!?that's awesome" is next on the list, quoting the movie "Paul".

Two people got very angry at Google when they wanted to know what Fraptous Day was when they searched "define fraptous day!" and found my blog.

Here's one I didn't expect: obama announces bin ladens death
I just think that's brilliant. Someone was looking for a link to the video of Obama announcing Bin Laden's death, and instead of clicking on news websites they just came here. Okay, why not?

"superinjunctions ryan giigs" is also something I'm proud of. I've only complained about that a little bit, but my blog still made a big enough shout about it for the internet to realise its existence.

Aside from that, all the usual Portal and film quotes are up there that don't really need analysing.

Here's what worries me though. I've just introduced to the site the "Your apparent favourites" function on the side panel so the entire world can see which posts have had the most hits. I Suppose You Want a Blog Post is on top of the list, and I think probably because it's so generally named. Someone's looking for a blog post, and they find one named like that and so they think, "Okay, it's a blog post and yes I do want one. Click!"

The two that worry me are Accurately Creepy Friday and Three Tits Tuesday. I can understand the three tits stuff, because A LOT of people find my blog by searching for sites with three tits on them. But why on Earth were people looking for accurately creepy stuff? They weren't just searching for creepy stuff, which is weird in itself, but they wanted it accurate too. Weird.

Well, that concludes my basic analysis of the stuff that you, my audience, search for before arriving at this blog.

You're all complete weirdos and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment