Saturday 6 August 2011

Cornwall - The Best Week of My Life

I'm not lying. It was fucking great.

So, where to begin? I suppose the beginning would be a good place to begin. Wouldn't you agree?

It all began on the Sunday of the 31st of July, which would explain the lack of blog post since then. I do apologise for that, by the way, I left you far too few posts in July. Anyway, I dragged my huge bag over to Joe's house so that we could load the car and wait for Dukey to be late in his latemobile. There was a look of excitement on everyone's faces as the time for departure slowly drew near. Finally everyone arrived and the party departed. The music was cranked up in the "Wacky Racers" (as Joe dubbed it) and we were on our way.

To Cornwall!
Balalalalananuuuhh

Harry, who figured himself the navigator of the trip, nearly got us lost on the first turning, which was funny. But nonetheless we soon got to the long and boring stretches of motorway. It was also Harry's job to direct us to Sedgemoore services, where the "Batmobile" (as Joe dubbed it uhum, sorry no, as Becca dubbed it) would be meeting up with us for lunch. He did not manage to do this. In fact, it was Bekah and I who noticed that Sedgemoore was actually behind us when it was time to park up. Ahahahahaha. Anyway, we parked up at the next one and had a small lunch before we got back on the road again. With me in the navigator's position there was no hope of us getting lost and ending up in a ditch.

Uh... [pictures]


Good.

When we finally arrived in the little town of Feock I did actually manage to accidentally take us the correct way. See, there's a junction here, and the Satnav is a machine that wants to take us the correct route, and in this particular circumstance that would take us to a one way street and no way back. So I got my brain in gear and told Dukey to go the exact opposite way to which the satnav had said because it was confusing me. This turned out to be correct. Go me.

The place we were staying at belongs to Joe's grandparents and by god it's amazing. It's at least seventy two times better than my house. Although I must state that most of that is due to the fact that it was My Real Family living here for the week more than the awesomeness of the bungalow.

Dinner was interesting.
Yeah, I know.

Monday
Today we went down to Hollywell beach for some fun in the Sun. It was just great. And these pictures should help indicate why.






So, as you can see it was a day packed full of stuff. While the guys were swimming, Bekah and I went caving and then after that, Becca taught me how to make a sand person. This is one part of my childhood that I missed, and I thank her for that.

Tuesday
Today we went to... uh... I can't remember. But these pictures should help.




So, as you can see today was all about climbing rocks and chucking balls around. Joe also introduced to a strange ice-cream called the "Hedgehog", which is delicious. It's like a regular ice-cream, but with nuts and stuff on it, and it's delicious.


Wednesday
Perranporth happened today, which is a beach that I remember from my former childhood. It hasn't changed at all.



More sand-sculptures today, and by god was it a lot of fun.

Thursday
Today was pretty much just a day for relaxing. Dukey, Harry and Bekah pointlessly went into Truro to get their hair cut while Joe, Becca and I sat back at the house to do stuff. Firstly, Becca and I finished filming what needed to be done of Granite Moths, which was a helluvalodda fun, and then the three of us went for a little walk and Joe reminisced about things he had done in the area as a child. When we went back to the house we played catch for what seemed to be ages. When the other three came back from their pointless trip we all went down to Loe Beach so that some people could swim and the sensible of us could have tea and cake. Good show.

Friday
We went home. I'm sad now.

As you can probably tell this first draft isn't the most informative or conclusive of posts, but trust me when I say this when I get my hard drive fixed and therefore can upload pictures and therefore update this post with a multitude of awesome you will be under the full impression that this was the best week of my life ever. Trust. But right now I have to actually buy my new hard drive, so posting may not resume again for a short while, but when it does by god are you in for a treat or eight.

Fuck it, here's a tribute to those who went:

Joe
Thank you thank you thank you thank you. You made this best week of my life possible by having grandparents that own a huge bungalow in Cornwall. You're a wonderful bloke and you made my new and refreshed childhood a reality. You will forever and always be a father figure to me and I'm sure your life lessons haven't and won't stop for years to come. You're just great.

Becca
While Joe made my childhood a reality you pushed me to have one in the most amazing way. Because I had to bring myself up I'd never built anything out of sand before apart from the odd upturned bucket, but you helped me build sand people and animals, and they were amazing. I actually learned things from you that everyone learned as a child, and for that I can't thank you enough. And on top of that you were always a right laugh. You already know how much you mean to me, and this just takes all that into the next level.

Bekah
Always fun and hilarious, Bekah. We explored caves, had interesting chats and made sure that I always had something to do, even when everyone else wanted to go into the sea. You are an... interesting addition to the team, but also completely irreplaceable.

Harry
We spend most of the trip calling you a dick, but it's all in good fun. You're just a cool dude, really. The 'lad' of the team. I'm glad you came along, even if it did mean we had to put Bekah in the boot for a journey because there was no room in the car.

Dukey
You drove us everywhere and woke me up several times by rhythmically shaking the bed. I hate you.

Hey, take a look, there are pictures in this post now. If you missed them; screw you. Anyway, this holiday enabled me to be who I had never ever ever been before - a kid. I have been the same age as other kids, but I never really had a childhood. Everyone talks about all the things they and their family used to do as they were kids and now, as an eighteen year old, I finally get to do those things. Yay :)

Thanks for the best week of my life, guys. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. (AS BECCA DUBBED IT!!!!)
    Growl. Factually incorrectness.

    ReplyDelete