Thursday 25 August 2011

Firsts and Lasts

I've been planning this post for a short while now. I'd decided to do it after results day. I thought it'd be a pretty cool idea. Now that I'm done and done and done with school I thought it would be good to try and remember my first and last days of school. Obviously I can't remember anything about nursery and I'm obviously not going to remember everything like it happened yesterday, but just bear with me on this one.

First Day of BSide
Trying to remember any single particular day from my childhood is like trying to ride a stampeding bull in an elevator that is plummeting towards the ground due to mechanical failure. As many of you know I have almost completely deleted my non-existent childhood from my memory due to... mechanical failure? I'm sure I must have felt nervous. I'm also sure that I must have felt excited. Or I just took it like I do any other day and actually there's nothing more to tell. I only remember one scene from this day, and even that has been implanted with a false memory. Let me explain. I don't know where I was told this, but either in Germany or many years ago in this country the kids used to get a large paper cone full of sweets and stationary and all sorts to get the kids started and ready for school. The memory should be of me walking out of the door with my old all time best friend Ryan when his mum came to collect us, but instead that memory has been replaced with Ryan carrying this cone that's like twice the size of him due to his dwarfism. I don't know why that memory is there now instead of what it should be, but hey, who am I to complain? That's the only day of Reception that I actually remember.

Last Day of BSide
I remember this one a little bit better. Two days previous to this we had gone to Wicksteed's for the day because we could and it's what all leavers do. But on this day I remember waking up and being sick, but I had to go into school anyway because the entire family was going to school that day for the leaver's assembly. And I suppose I had to go to the leaver's assembly. Because I was a leaver. You know. By the time the leaver's assembly had come around, my illness cleared up and I was raring to go. I only remember what my short speech was like (I say my short speech like I made a speech, but I didn't. A speech was written for me and spoken by the headteacher) and that stuff that I wrote in those brackets happened. I don't remember what was said in the speech though, so don't get excited. Anyway, the rest of the day kind of just happened and I remember there being plenty of snacks to gorge on because I think I didn't eat my breakfast that morning and then blah blah blah rest of the day. At the end of the day I remember my teacher giving me a massive hug and then I went home. Exciting stuff.

First Day of BW
This is a day I remember even less than I do my last day of BSide. In fact I remember my induction to the school much, much clearer. Probably because I got separated from my group on that day and was wondering the school for a while with the help of some lovely upper year girls. But seriously, the only thing I remember on this particular day was getting the lockers sorted and making friends with the guys who would later become the largest dicks on the face of the planet. They also became chavs. You see, we're the generation who kind of came up with everyone. Before BW, as far as I'm aware, there wasn't this epidemic of chavs, goths and emos. There were only religious fanatics back then. Heck, even the atheists were staying out the limelight as one of the world's leading close-minded know-it-alls. Hah, what a world.

Last Day of BW
I've had like three of these and they are all on this blog. All of them. You can read them if you want. Seriously. I could describe my last day of year 11, but it wasn't even exciting. We got locked in the sports hall for being bad people. That's it really. In fact, let me find out exactly what I wrote. Oh. I don't actually have a Travis entry for the last day of Year 11. That kind of sucks.

Well what a waste of a blog post this has been. It's basically just me saying ... I HAVE MEMORY LOSS. Funny that for a person who's working on a spoof of Marble Hornets and one of the main themes of that particular ARG is memory loss. Still, stranger things have happened. Like when I was looking through Dukey's house that one time and this weirdo wearing a mask just jumped at me and tried to kill me but then he had a coughing fit and then I had a coughing fit and then he ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment