Tuesday 16 August 2011

My Computer Works!


I could've said that earlier, but I've spent the last day getting it up to speed again. And by god it's beautiful.

I'm not claiming responsibility for commenting on how good looking a machine is. It was all Outside Voice. No machine-erotica in this head, no sir. I'm absolutely, one hundred percent straight. For human... HUMAN, women. That's that. You could claim that Outside Voice and I are one and the same. But because I can and will refer to Outside Voice in the second and third person surely proves that we are two different entities living in the same body. 
So what you're saying is... Outside Voice and Inside Voice have multiple personality disorder. Where do I fit in?
You're a wrist. You fit somewhere between the forearm and the hand. 
Funny guy.
Uh... hey, audience. This is... awkward, to say the least.
Oh don't try and get out of this.
I'm not, I'm not at all.

*Nervous smile*

Anyway, for the past week or so I've been trying to stop Inside Voice from going insane by doing... everything I could.
It was just bad. Who knew that the mind relied a hell of a lot on a computer? I mean, yeah, it's where I express my thoughts into words and share them with the internet, but surely I could've just used a pen?
No can do. I'm on a break from writing.
I was suffering from not being able to be creative... I could barely breathe... 
So yeah, while I couldn't access the hard drive on my computer the only thing I could do was go on the internet. And trust me when I say this, without the ability to write Zero-G, edit one of my old terrible stories, rewrite one of my old terrible stories and edit together movies, the internet gets old very, very quickly.

Christ it feels good to be able to boot up Windows Live Movie Maker again, even if it is the most basic of video editors.

So, yesterday I got myself a brand new 500gb hard drive, took it to Dukey's Dad who supplied me with Windows 7 Ultimate and did his very best to recover my old hard drive. It was in vain. But he did try. And for his efforts, he gave me a bunch of 720p movies. I guess he likes his work.

And for God's sake, Google dictionary, movie is a fricking word! And do you know what isn't? FACEBOOK! Turn it around, please. I get very angry at this stuff.

Anyway, what else? Granite Moths is officially underway again, now that I can edit once more. The first few entries will be live soon. I won't say when, because I haven't decided yet. But essentially, they're not going live until I'm absolutely once hundred percent certain that we're going to do a damn good job of part 2 before we go off to Uni.

OH FUCK.

It's results day on Thursday. Well isn't that a kick in the groin? I'm going to take it in my stride though. You know, like I do everything else. The worst, I figure, that can happen is that I get into my second choice at the same university which is only a slightly different course anyway, so I think I'll be happy no matter what happens. Everyone seems to be worried about it though, and that's understandable. That's a small sheef of paper that decides what you for your immediate future. One day it'll seem pointless, but until that time it's going to be a bumpy ride. Or not. But I do wish you all the best of luck for Thursday, and I do hope with all of my heart and all of my... brain that you do brilliantly.

Pete out.

You see, that was funny because it sounded like peace out. Hah. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment