Wednesday 31 March 2010

Wet Wednesday

Yeah, it's wet.

First Lesson - Good question
Okay, so that wasn't actually a question. But needless to say I walked into school holding back tears and trying not to let them loose in front of the world. Some of my kids bellowed in their bellowing voices at me. I couldn't ignore them, they're great kids, a nice pick from the entire bunch of social groups. I gave a welcoming nod and continued towards my lockers. By the time I was finished I walked towards the Krewe hidey hole that isn't very hidey at all and is actually pretty open, probably the reason why people that a lot of us don't particularly like randomly join us and think that it's acceptable for them to do so, even though it's not. It's that chipmunk really, he's drawn them in. Why did we pick him up in the first place? That doesn't even make sense. Seriously. It doesn't. He's been to one Krewe event and he sucked. Just went off at random times when we went into shops to do stuff, so I don't think he's quite grasped that whole "friend group" thing yet. And nor will he ever, if I have anything to do with it. Oh but that's right, I don't have any fucking authority do I, Dukeystein? Anyway, the Krewe spot had been overrun by white shirts, at which point I had decided that the Krewe had just left me to wander round and "hopefully" I would find them, as so often fucking happens, but as it turns out they snuck up behind me, which was the highlight of the morning. Yes, getting raped by a jew was my highlight.

Second Lesson - Deutsch
Topeho strangled me because I sat in "his" chair. Fuck you. But I didn't lose my temper on him. That's a step forward, right? Replacing violence on other people with crying. Yes, forward indeed.

Third Lesson - Français
It wasn't too bad actually. We were reminiscing about the old French days of year 11 when we had Mme Huchet and I was known as Batman. Those were fun times, and Mme Huchet was the perfect teacher. Laid back and strict. I like to think I display those traits when I teach the young'uns.

Fourth Lesson/Fifth Lesson - Young'uns
Turns out that my star pupil in that class is actually the older sister of one of the pupils in my second-star class in year 7. Obviously the star class in year 7 is the one with all the siblings in. I can spy and/or get dirt on the people in my year. And they're just simply fantastic kids. My current year sevens are pretty good, not as amazing as the others, I'd place them 3rd in my list of favourite year sevens. Hey, if they wanted to be in the top spot, they'd have to try harder.

So yeah, I had a bad start but it got better as the day progressed.
Teaching fortunately never leaves me miserable. In fact, I was even complimented on my teaching skills, saying I'm far better than the tall quiet guy.
Yeah, something to gloat about. Suck those bitter lemons.

1 comment:

  1. glad your shite day turned around for the best,
    sorry i was annoying you this morning, im crap at cheering people up, but will learn :S

    ReplyDelete