Friday 21 May 2010

Deutsche Prufung

Hey, if there's meant to be an umlaut the title, use your imaginations and put it in yourself.
There's no simple keyboard short-cut for the umlaut, so it shall remain as it is.

Anyweg, enough chit chat, down to Geschaeft and what not.
Oh yeah, I just remembered the other umlaut rule.
Wenn man nicht das Umlaut finden kann, benutzt man ein "e" nach dem "a".
Zum Beispiel. In Geschaeft gibt es ein Umlaut am "a", aber ich kann nicht das Umlaut finded, also muss ich ein "e" nach dem "a".

Got it?

Good.

Let us continue.

Ich bin Geschaeftsmann.
I am business man.

Ich bin Manngeschaeft.
... *exchanged looks of curiosity*
I am man business.

Gotta love Bill to the Bailey.

Anyway, I'm stalling for no reason.
The German exam didn't go too badly, but my grade will be brought down a lot by my inability to actually understand the German language.
It was all "fuck, I don't actually know."
and "and by the process of elimination, I have 3 b's, 3 c's and only 2 a's, therefore this answer MUST be a."
and "at no point did anyone mention that. Seriously. Fuck it, the answer is Mike."
But then I saw the questions for the essay task, and my face lit up.
I saw the word "Werbung" and immediately I was happier than a Panda in a bamboo furniture shop.
And yeah, I know, that metaphor actually made sense.
See, the thing is, Werbung (adverts/publicity) was my chosen topic for my speaking exam, and I still know the important bit. This is the bit that I included, and had all the tenses I needed to be more victorious than an antelope on a cheetah's back.
So yeah, that will definitely help boost my grade up to the necessary requirements of "Not bad"-ish-ness.

So that's 1 down.
3 to go.
Next is French.
And I don't have a single ounce of French left in my.
Oder mache ich?
Tu es droit, das war Deutsch.
Okay, yeah, this is going to be more difficult than premiere je crois.

Catch ya later, readers.

2 comments: