Tuesday 1 June 2010

Pinch Punch Tuesday

and what not.
Hey ho, guys and gals, it's the first of June.
Yay.

First Lesson - Structured Study
Nothing striking happened off the top of my head, because I was supposed to be doing work. Boo.
I got Luke and Duke to look over Series 2 of Zero-G though, so that's cool.

Second Lesson - French
We finished that confusing film where a chick takes forever to attempt to find her fiancé who may or may not have died in No-Man's Land in the Battle of the Somme in the Great War. Basically, she tracks down these guys who, because of cowardice or stupidity, accidentally or on purpose get their hands mutilated so that they can go home, except they end up being sent over the top into No-Man's land. Two friends decided to shoot each other in the hand, one guy shoots his hand, another guy accidentally stabs himself by trying to kill a rat, but the male protagonist lights a cigarette up, puts his hand on display through a conveniently placed hole in the trench, and a Jerry sniper shoots it. Back in World War I, they didn't like this happening all the time, because they needed all the men they could in the Somme because uncharacteristically they didn't surrender, and therefore sent ALL of their forces into the Battle of Verdun, which was apparently very important to them. About a million lives were lost there, simply because the French didn't want to lose this place. And they didn't. But then we had to save their arses in the Battle of the Somme, or maybe the Jerries would have won that war. Anyway, yeah, me thinking about the war was actually a lot more interesting than the film itself. It didn't make sense until the end, when we find out that this guy who turned out to be alive actually has amnesia, and can't remember anything. So yeah.

Third Lesson - Janina
We started work on some presentation thingy that will appear on the board in the Languages Dept. I researched the Rotes Rathaus, which is Berlin's town hall. Interesting stuff. It actually got shelled to bits in WWII, so the Jerries used the Neues Stadthaus as a temporary replacement until it was rebuilt, at which point the Berlin wall went up, so the Rotes Rathaus became the Rathaus for East Berlin, the DDR, until the wall was ripped down.
Also, it's not red.
It's actually the colour of an extremely bad tan.
Like Mr McCarg's new tan.
I mean look at it.
He looks like an identity confused Giant Panda (paints itself red because it thinks it's a red panda, see).
Check out that extended metaphor.

Fourth Lesson - Media
I did work!
An essay, which is work.
Like, actual work.
Then Miss T marked it and it was all like "well done" and "thanks, Miss"

I smell dinner.

Fifth Lesson - DT
I and the Wezdog decided to invent products for disabled people. My particular favourite was my mandible idea.
Seriously, imagine how awesome it would be.
Having little pincers on your face to collect food and stick it in your mouth.
It'd definitely help old people who every now and then simply revert to sticking their face in their soup because they're too shaky to hold a spoon.
We then went off to check out the adjustable hob in cooking, then the adjustable table in DT, and then a piano stool, just to fully understand how to adjust the height of something.
Yeah.

Seriously, I'm deadly hungry now.
Haven't eaten in an hour, and it's chip night.
I don't know if I have a point to make here, but OH
OH OH OH OH OH OH OHOH OH OHOHOH OH OH
OH OH OHOHOH OHOH OH OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
oh.
I forgot to tell you what made today a great start to the month.
People have been talking about me behind my back again.
Becca and Jess in their Psych lesson, totally saying that I deserve a girlfriend.
And then I got a hi-five for saying "Aww... I'm gonna shag her [Jess]" to which Becca was like 0.0
And Joe was all like XD
And Dukey was all like "Did he say what I think he just said?"
And Luke was also like XD
But don't worry, Becca, I won't touch your DarlingOne without your explicit consent.
Like, if she offered me a hug, I'd totally phone you up like "she's offering me a hug"
and you're like "Who?"
and I'm like "Oh, sorry, I thought you'd understand."
and you'd still be like "Fucking tell me who it is!!!!!!111111one"
and then I'll be like "Jess."
and then you're like "YOU WOKE ME UP AT MIDNIGHT TO ASK ME IF YOU COULD HUG JESS"
and then I'm like "but..."
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING OUTSIDE AT THIS RIDICULOUS TIME!? GET THE FUCK HOME AND GET TO FUCKING SLEEP LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!"
"Can I ..."
"I MEAN SERIOUSLY!"
"Becca, calm down."
"I AM CALM"
"Hey, that's my thing!"
"Oh yeah, sorry."
"So anyway, is that a yes?"
"What were we talking about?"
"Oh, nevermind, she's gone home." *sad face*

Hmm.
I'm never going to call you at midnight.
I'll just assume that the answer is simply "... whatever, go for it"
I also apologise for getting carried away there.
Hey, this is how I write scripts for Zero-G.

Catch y'all soon.
Thanks for keeping me happy ^.^
Buhbye

No comments:

Post a Comment