Sunday 18 September 2011

GAMEfest

I could've easily written this post yesterday. In fact, I could've easily written this post on Friday. But I didn't. I didn't feel that the readers had enough time to read through the BBQ post that I wrote on Thursday. Anyway, I'm writing this post today, so deal with it. I've also only just uploaded the pictures onto Facebook. I only uploaded 21 of the pictures though, because the Magic in a Can album is almost complete and I wanted the last few pictures to be the best damn pictures of all time. That's the plan.

Anyway, GAMEfest.

Hang on, I'm just trying to navigate Facebook's stupid new photo uploading stuff. They've replaced the screen where you give photos captions and easily tag people with a screen where Facebook tries to recognise people and attempts to tag them. No, Facebook, I'll do it my way, thanks. And besides, half the fun of uploading photos is giving them captions, everybody knows that.

Anyway, after the fiasco where Josh remembered that he had forgotten the tickets when we were just outside Birmingham and therefore like 10 minutes away from the NEC, we arrived at the NEC and promptly walked towards GAMEfest.

Facebook has crashed again.

Here we go:

"So," I bet you're thinking, "this event can't have been that popular. Not that many people like games."
Well you're wrong.

"Well it's not that big-a-deal. I bet they didn't have an expensive banner outside the entrance."
Again, wrong.

"Well I bet there weren't any hot chicks there."
I don't have any photographic evidence to support this. But you're wrong again. There was a Nuts stand, Josh wanted to get his breasts signed.

"Well now you're going to tell me that Josh licked out Batman."
Yeah, I am. 

"Well you know what it didn't have? An Aston - "
Beat you to it.

"Well so what? They were just showing off merchandise and stuff. You didn't actually get to play any of the games, did you?"
You're so wrong now I can't even handle it.

"Fine, but this is all new stuff. I bet you three quid that none of those games gave you a vinyl for their soundtrack."
I have a Driver San Francisco LP.

"Fuck off!"
I assumed that this would be your next argument.

"You're far too clever, Mr Hutchinson."
I know.

"Damn, that was my secret code for the Golden Gun! Okay you win. This event was pretty cool and definitely worth £10. Still, when I go to these events I expect freebies."
Is like £100 worth of posters enough for you?

Okay, Josh got all the posters. I didn't really care about them. Aside from the Battlefield 3 one which is fucking awesome.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll post the highlights reel on here soon enough. If you were looking for game reviews then I guess I'll make a video chock full of those as well.

If you sneezed during this blog post, bless you.

Peace off.

No comments:

Post a Comment