Tuesday 27 September 2011

Goodbye Magic in a Can

Those of you who have me on Facebook may well realised that I like to playfully name my albums. An ongoing album from the last two years has been my Magic in a Can series.

I used to be obsessed with the idea of having magic, and then condensing it down into a can so that you can store it for very later usage.

And it all started in one free period when some bozos stole my camera:
The birth of Magic in a Can

When Dukey slapped himself in the face on the 4th November 2009 it created a chain reaction that then resulted in Magic in a Can coming to fruition. Since then it has been the home to the last two years of photos that couldn't be properly categorised. And my, it was beautiful.

Magic in a Can 2: Magic Harder
By this time I had established what I wanted on the front of each of the Magic in a Can albums. Unfortunately the start of this album is not one that I'm proud of in my current photographical sense. But somehow, we skip forward to August 2010 with my favourite photo from that album.
Rawr!

It had taken months for Magic in a Can to get started and working properly. Churning out photos like there was no tomorrow. But this is where the magic started, baby. Magic in a Can 2 spanned only a few months, covering up until the 8th of November.
PUUURRPPPLEEEE

Magic in a Can 3: Revenge of the Jam Jar
I had to start this album on the same day I finished the last one, because I still had some fireworks left.

Cool, right? The proper starting event for this album, though, happened only a few days later.

Yeah, Josh held his own fireworks shindig.

The rest of the album covers right up until Christmas and includes time with My Kids, Luke and Becca's 18th, lots of fog, and time up until Christmas when this stuff happened:
Christmas with the Real Family

You'll never out-fox the fox.

Teddy sex.

And it finally finished up with one of the single cutest pictures you ever did see:

That was quite an album, and a very fun time as well.

Magic in a Can 4: A New Alloy
Shortly after my 18th birthday I made a new album. It covered the months from January through to April 2011. And it all started with Waistcoat Wednesday:

During this time we had barn dances, my death, Joe getting drunk, gigs, a trip to Manchester, and a very strongly worded message:

So yeah, a lot of Magic in a Can and blog crossovers during this album. In fact, that's probably apparently throughout the rest of time.

Magic in a Can 5: The Baked Beans Strike Back
Spanning the time between the 10th of April and the 16th of May, the fifth Magic in a Can album documents the final month we had at Brooke Weston. It began with Norra (I can't be bothered linking any more. I might do it later):

Then we saw Bekah's 18th:

Then there was some fooling around on the last few days:

Then there was some place I took loads of cool pictures:

And it finally ended up with Mr Nicholls' BBQ:

Magic in a Can 6: The Return of the Magic Talking Leopard
And thus, the swan song has been reached. The ultimatum of Magic in a Can. It began on the 18th of May with Dukey's first legal pint and ran through until today with some pictures of Edwards' final farewell to the ones of us who were left before we went to Uni. What a fun time this was.

Westie got came on by Kermit the Frog:

We dismantled Dukey's car:

We did something stupid with our chins:

There was a new cat to take cute pictures of:

I finally kick-started my childhood: (after Cornwall of course, but that got its own album)

We got very drunk one last time:

We met some of our heroes:

And finally, we created an army of rabbits:

So what now? This is it. Magic in a a Can is done. It's over. I can never use that phrase again. No wait, scratch that. Magic in a Can is too good-a-phrase to be simply washed away like that. But I can never ever ever ever ever ever upload another picture to anything under the name of Magic in a Can. It has encompassed me and My Real Family's lives through our A-levels and has been our companion through the holidays. It has shared every moment, every memory, every great time that can't otherwise be categorised under another name or would've been such a small album that it wouldn't have been worth creating. It's been a good run, but now it's time to start anew.

I won't mention anything from Uni right now, purely because I've got another post lined up for you. But seriously, the last two years have been the best of my life. Uni is going to start off tough, and it might get better, but it will never ever compare to being with the best people in the world (and I'm not even joking, I haven't met anyone here that even comes close to someone better than you guys) every day of my life. I miss you a hell of a lot. It's time to count down the days until I see you again.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment