Thursday 15 September 2011

What a Great Day

Yesterday was just fantastic. I didn't have any time to myself at all, and that makes it one of the best days since Cornwall. And I'm flipping knackered.

Lauren
Lauren gets her own title because she was pretty much the event for yesterday morning. Because Lauren doesn't mix with my usual group, it makes her a very unique person in my life and one that I don't get to see very often. We both decided that it wouldn't be right if we didn't see each other before we left for Uni, and so she rolled up in her KA yesterday morning and we took Walter for a lovely walk. We essentially caught up on all the things that had happened since results day and made conspiracy theories about the house on ... that road that leads up to the Park that's all locked up with padlocked shutters and such. I made the sensible assumption that there could just be illegal hardware in there, but she was saying that there were drug runners in there and murderers and all sorts. It was all very funny. A little while later we discovered that the Eye sticker things that are plaguing our town might actually be by the Neighbourhood Watch, since one of the stickers had the Neighbourhood Watch logo with the eye in the middle, but perhaps it's an anti-Neighbourhood Watch. I don't know really. In any case, we were talking about Hot Fuzz, and then Lauren came up with the term "FOF" which means "Fuzz on Face", which is hilarious. She then complimented me on my own FOF, which adds another 1 to the total number of people in the world who like my FOF. Anyway, on the way back past the house that had been boarded up with padlocks and shit, we found that it had a back door, and it then opened, and then we got scared that we were going to get murdered, but Lauren wanted to stop and stare anyway, but I implored her to not let the murderers and/or drug runners see her because they'd definitely kill her and/or eat my dog.

This makes all drug runners essentially East-Asian.

Or it doesn't.

In any case, it was wonderful to hang out and chat to Lauren again and I shall definitely look forward to all of our future meetings. Lauren, you've always been someone that I can always rely on in the most dire of circumstances and despite my previous shortcomings you stuck with me through my ups and downs and definitely had a massive impact on the person that I am today. There's not a single person out there who could replace you. I love you and I will miss you a hell of a lot, as I have done over this holiday. Just remember that if you ever need a friend, I'm not very far away.

Laura's BBQ
So after I hugged Lauren goodbye and exited her car I found a Jed on the way towards the other people and then the event had officially started (ain't no party startin' without yours truly). It was all jolly good fun. One highlight for me was playing an interesting game that I think the guys made up, but I don't know. You can take credit for it anyway. It was basically a game of catch, but if you dropped the ball then you had to lower yourself to the floor. Miss once, go down on one knee, twice, both knees, three times, ass down, fourth, laying down. When I joined Joe was already on the floor, and then it got violent. Quach and Joe were really going at each other quite viciously with that ball.

Another particular highlight for me was when Laura's friends that none of us knew was introduced to us and the first thing this guy whose name I forget said to me was, "I'm already jealous of the beard" and the other guy was pretty amazed at it as well, which adds another two to the total number of people who absolutely love the FOF.

In any case, it was great to see everyone again before we all go off to Uni, of which time is slowly looming upon us. All corners of the country we'll be in. It's quite weird to think that I won't have the best people in the world to lean on any more. I mean, yeah, I'll have a couple of the best people in the world, but not all of you, and that's kind of sad.

Bekah's Later That Evening
So, a little later after Laura's BBQ I went to Bekah's to set up her new laptop. It was supposed to be a 1 hour job, and then I ended up spending all night there. I essentially turned it on, did all of the things I was supposed to do including installing Skype etc, but then I had to give her loads of movies, and with only a 4gb memory stick it took several hours to do. During this time, Bekah's friends Ellie and Stuart arrived (which is why I was only supposed to stay an hour) and then we had quite a fun time, proving to Bekah that I am perfectly worthy of meeting her "other friends", which she has been so previously uninclined to do with us, since she thought that we were all just different people or something or nothing. In any case, it was all very fun and later on we went to the pub to keep her sister's friend company because she had just broken up with her girlfriend, so that was quite a laugh as well.

So yeah, that was just about the single busiest day of my life and I didn't spend a penny, which sounds like a result.

More please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment