Monday 7 February 2011

Moaning Monday

I'm a little bit annoyed right. I curse myself for somehow losing the memory card from my camera so now I've got a bunch of pictures and videos just hanging about somewhere, probably on some pervert's laptop. My internet won't stay connected for more than five minutes at a time and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it and it feels like I have an axe in my head. On a less important note, my Xbox doesn't like working either. Why? Why can't anything just be easy and simple and work properly when they're supposed to? Stupid everything.

Anyway, that's totally not the way to do things, although I fear what may happen in the following blog post. Gulp. Try and read on.

First Lesson - Media
God, this media lesson was so boring and pointless that I don't even want to go into it. We did audience theories again. Exactly. I don't care how many different ways my audience can be influenced by my trailer, I just know that if they watch it they will be affected by it. End of.

Second Lesson - Free
I was alone for the entire lesson so I did DT coursework. However, in special assembly I was reminded of a story from Saturday that I had forgotten.

Timothy.
Timothy was a robotic dinosaur. He was so playful, bounding around on his huge legs with his little arms, biting and mauling people as they came past. I taught him how to do this. I taught him how to defend us in our time of need. To protect us against the Chinese when they inevitably try to take over the world. I practised him on Quach. But soon Timothy was taken away from me. "Timothyyyyy!!!!" I shouted. Everyone laughed and found my antics hilarious.

We also found out that everyone at Bolton had failed their A-levels today. Manni might not be going to uni after all then to train to be a PE teacher. In fact, I don't think one person got into their uni choices. What does that tell you about Bolton? That's right. You know what I'm saying. It's a wonderful place to live and we shouldn't judge it by their poor schooling system. Actually, we kind of should.

Third Lesson - DT
I drilled my aluminium. Woo.

Fourth Lesson - Free
I remember this lesson being a little annoying. Mainly because everyone was trying to book a holiday without even talking to Josh and me about it, but also because my scar was flaring up a lot more than usual. I say usual like it's normal for me to have a head wound. Oh, also Josh, Westie and I got the opportunity to fly helicopters and planes. The condition, though, is that we have to win a competition to tell RAF that blended wing technology is the right way to go. This is going to be fun.

"Hutchy, I've got a quote for you to put in your blog. Basically, when we were in Physics earlier Mr Goodman was teaching us about how time seems slower the further away from Earth (or some kind of gravitational mass) you are, and so I asked him if that's why he has so much hair on his feet but none on his head." Joe Hadden on he told me to write this in. It's pretty much self-explanatory. Unless you don't know Mr Goodman. He's a bald physics teacher. Now you know Mr Goodman. Congrats. 

Fifth Lesson - Deutsch
We got to watch one of the coveted AQA films today. I don't know if I remember telling you about the eco-friendly rapist a while back, but this one was also a timeless classic of bad camera angles and horrible cutting. As a Media student, I watched this thinking "You really didn't need to change the angle a hundred times" but they did. They changed it thousands of times. I particularly liked it when he turned and held his mic out off-camera, and then it cut to him talking to this other guy. It was hilarious. We'll have to do one like that for RichChief. After the end of the day I got to talk to Courtney about my Wound of Death. She told me (in her own words) that it was kind of ironic that I tell the kids to be safe every week, but I clearly didn't listen to my own advice. We managed to make a laugh from it, which was fun.

Well, that's me done. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment