Monday 7 November 2011

Fizz Fizz Bang Smoke Blind Bang

Let me just have your attention for a second.


Let me just remind you of that link again. www.mobro.co/peterhutchinson

That's the link (twice) to my mobro page. I've started my campaign now. Sponsor me. Please. It's for a good cause, so you know, you'd be a good person if you sponsored my mo. 

Anyway, let's get on with things. 

Seriously, donate money. 

But yeah, this weekend was of vital significance, for this was the weekend of the Annual Hilton Firework Extravaganza featuring the likes of: Josh and his family, his family friends, his neighbours, Lexi Adams (the librarian at our old school) and of course Rufus the family dog. Oh, and a whole lot of explosives.

Anyway, this all began on the evening of Friday the fourth, when Josh arrived at Leicester station, I popped along to the platform, and after some kerfuffle we got the train to Kettering and even manage to scrounge some first class seats. That's a win.

The next day was great. At about 1400 hours I met Bekah and we had a pint, and then we went to get my hair cut. It's now cut.

Ah hell, I'll have to finish this update later. My room is cold and my hands don't have enough blood in them to keep up this typing thing, so I'm just going to cuddle up in bed and probably realise that I should turn my radiator on.

So, it's Monday now. And that means I've got to finish the story.

After I hugged Bekah goodbye Dukey and Josh took me to Josh's Isham house where we started to set up for the firework extravaganza. Dukey and Josh went to collect ice-cream from Tesco, and so I was tasked with moving some furniture around the garden. After this we played some Horde on Gears 3, and that was all well and good, but much less important than the impending chilli. I seem to be having chilli a lot these days. In fact, I'm having chilli tonight for dinner.

Anyway, before too long it was time to set up the Feuerwerken for the display. Josh stuck things in the ground, he lit them, we ran away, I got my camera ready, stuff exploded, I took some pictures, we ran up, I disposed of the firework casing, Josh stuck something else in the ground, lit it, we ran away, I set up my camera, stuff exploded, I took some pictures, and so on and so forth until we ran out of explosives.





We soon lit some Catherine Wheels, one of which completely failed.




So it all turned out to be rather spectacular and gave my camera a run for its money. Josh and Dukey then decided that it would be a wonderful idea to build a firework. I naturally helped with scepticism, as I always do when Josh gets it in his head that he wants to build a bomb. I've got to say though, of the two we built, one was very successful.

I'll share the video when I have uploaded it to the interwebs.

Pete out.

No comments:

Post a Comment