Monday 21 November 2011

Housekeeping

I haven't posted in a while and there's a very good reason for that. Firstly, I was home for the weekend and that probably doesn't warrant any kind of update. I was basically looking around PC World with my Dad to find me a suitable video camera to film my future shenanigans on.

Umm, I suppose I should clarify what the fuck happened last Wednesday/Thursday. I did enjoy myself an immense amount, but it was also the stupidest thing to do ever. If I had my wits about me then I'd have left when everyone else did, and walked with them for as long as possible. In this instance, I did leave with everyone else, but I was totally alone for about ten minutes. During these ten minutes I was on top of the world and egging to get my camera out (probably), but the point is that at any moment during these ten minutes I could have been mugged, raped or otherwise wounded and I wouldn't have given a shit. On me at the time I had at least £300 worth of stuff which would have just vanished, and worst of all I'd have lost pictures. I know they don't cost anything, but pictures are completely irreplaceable. Anyway, I'm just going to make a mental note to myself to walk home with Alannah on Demon nights just because she lives closest to me (or indeed I should walk with someone from my halls if they go).

I know I might sound like a sour puss, but I was genuinely an idiot, and I don't condone the consumption of alcohol one bit.

You are right, however, I'm not going to listen to my advice either. I am still going to go out, and I am still going to get drunk because life without a little bit of relaxant once in a while is just dull.

Note to self over.

You may notice that there isn't an accompanying video to this post. Well that's because I noticed something. I do like the idea of spreading my word through mouth as well as through text, but I don't want people to stop visiting www.clichelifestuff.blogspot.com just because they can watch me read my blog.

So, what I propose is that while I will continue to do some posts spoken, I will definitely try and vlog while things are happening, or just after, just to get the word on the door and then I can comment on it later with the appropriate memories still in place (namely: the vlog).

So that's what I'm going to do. The blogs and the vlogs will be related, sometimes they won't, but I'm going to try and put an end to reading stuff out unless it needs to be read aloud in my voice. Kind of like that time when I wrote about the polar bear and the dolphin. Christ, that was hilarious.

Do I not get a say in what happens?
Nope. You embarrassed me in the first official blog post entry.
You were asking for it. You're always asking for it.
God, what's that noise? It sounds like the fucking D-day landings. Must be a student night.
Don't change the subject!
But it's a Monday... student nights are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and occasionally Sundays. And sometimes Mondays and Tuesdays as well.
I guess you could pin it down to the fact that it will always be noisy all the time.
You could say that, yes.
I'm glad we agree.
It's not often that happens.

Anyway, yes, I know I haven't been particularly hilarious tonight, so I'm just going to write another post with a small dose of Salute to Stupidity.

Cliché out. (I've decided to change the outro to make it blatantly more cliché)

No comments:

Post a Comment