Wednesday 9 November 2011

What a Day

I don't think I know where to begin.

Well, first off, I'm now officially the Head of Production for Demon TV. Whoo! *Party pop*

In fact, this is how I broke the news to my favourite guys and gals: 
"Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the station manager just texted me to tell me that I am now the head of Production for Demon TV and it will be officially announced tomorrow at the pre-production meeting :)
Also, if you haven't donated to me yet, I'd really appreciate it if you did xx"

Oh yeah, that is right. I was told by text. No banquet, no ceremony, a text message. It was a nice text message, I'll give you that. In fact, I'll share it with you.

"Hi Peter, well done in your interview today and well done on getting the job of head of production. Thanks. Stanley Ashton. Demon TV Deputy Station Manager."
Oh yeah, it wasn't even the actual station manager. It was his bitch. But that's okay, I'm not complaining. I love those guys and I'm really grateful to them for giving me the job.

Anyway, I then naturally received a plethora of congrats:
Bekah: "Whoop whoop! Well done Hutch! Congratulations are well deserved. X"
Joe: "Well done mate, climbing the ladder already, that means you can be the first to the top and then push the ladder over so no one can follow, muwahahahahaha."
Lauren: "CONGRATS!!!!! Xxx"
Josh: "Well done mate, dead proud of you, as inevitable as this was XD"

As to the ones who haven't responded: Tut tut. 

Anyway, I was thrown into the deep end straight away. The next morning I was in DSU setting up cameras and meeting the Head of Marketing, whose name is ... Lanah? Something like that. Uhum, this was all in preparation for holding an interview with the mayor of Leicester. Cool, huh? As a first job, I thought it was pretty good. Of the hands to shake and introductions I did get to make as cameraman, I felt really cool. "Hi, I'm Peter, the Head of Production at Demon TV" and naturally I got all sorts of comments about rolling out the best to make sure everything worked properly, and I obviously looked flattered. On the inside, of course though, I was more like "Yeah. The fucking best. You heard him, plebeians. The best. That's what I am. I know you all know it, because I make it apparent every time I'm in the room, but this is just confirmation from the most important people in the city. Suck on that, rivals for my position." Anyway, yeah, we met the mayor and had an interview with him, which was pretty cool. 

So that ended at about half 1, I went to my Photoshop lab, finished the work in 20 minutes, other people were looking like they were almost ready to leave, so I left, making it snobbishly apparent that I'm fucking awesome at Media, had a pint with the Head of Pre-Production, and then we had our first Demon TV management meeting. Exciting stuff. We talked about things that were going on, and things that were going to happen, and our goals, and the [redacted for being inappropriate and rude] and sorry I went off on a tangent and now I've completely lost my train of thought and yet I'm still rambling on through this sentence to make you hopefully forget that I'm a pathetic, lonely weirdo :)

I don't often do smileys. 

But yeah, that meeting went well, and soon it was time to go to the still image lecture. Because I and James Langley (the Head of Pre-Production) had a busy day ahead of us doing all sorts of Demon TV-related things, we left at the half-way break, went to the pub, had dinner, and then went to the Pre-Production meeting. 

So where are we now? I've written about the time between 1230 and 1800. In the Pre-p meeting we talked about the upcoming quiz show some more, we talked about the shorts that we should do, stuff about the Demon TV hoodies came up and uh... yeah. I think the name for the quiz show should be "In One Ear" because that's a fucking awesome name for a quiz show, and is better than my other ideas of "Quizzicle" and "Quizardry" because they both have the word 'quiz' in the title, and that's just not imaginative. But all my ideas are cool. I also suggested (see, I'm fucking awesome at this media thing) that we also do something for Movember, and the idiot sitting next to me was just an idiot. I'm not even going to go into it. He was just an idiot. 

Anyway, at 1900, James and I went into Level 1 and set up cameras ready for Footlights First Footsteps! Yeah! I'm sure that doesn't actually mean anything to you. Well, it was a stand-up comedy night, and I got to film it! It was cool. Stan the Man (the man with a plan... I mean the Deputy Station Manager) went up on stage and did a cracking good performance, as did one of my flatmates. Which was odd, because he was the hermit. I'm sure you've all got a flatmate whom you seem to never see anywhere. Well now I can tell you where they are. They're doing flipping stand up comedy. 

Anyway, I wasn't home until 2300 that night because I had to de-rig the cameras. And that is the story of why I titled my blog post in the way I did. 

Pete out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment