Saturday 15 January 2011

OMFG

I turn 18 in like less than 2 hours. That isn't very long away at all. And I've got to tell you, so far it's been the best birthday ever. Like ever.

To start with, yesterday I was treated to watching Harry Potter in the cinema with Dukey, Luke and the rest. I don't have time to spell out names, but you know who you are. It started with Sophia, Luke and I driving to Luke's house and hanging out for a while and playing with Luke's new kitten. Then Dukey, Quach, Maisie and Aimee arrived to fill the numbers. That's why I didn't write out the names earlier in the sentence. Dukey and Luke were our drivers, and soon we set out to the cinema. The movie was pretty good, if I'm honest. Usually when I watch Harry Potter films I'm like "No! That didn't happen in the book!" or "No! Why didn't they include that from the book?!" but this one remained true to the book so much so that I didn't even notice if there were any holes. And to be honest, I don't care if there were because it's actually a genuinely good movie, and they finished it at the perfect point. I thought they'd finish after the Gringott's scene, but they didn't, and their idea was better. Well done, WB. Afterwards we carted home again.

Anyway, today was the important day because it was my first official party. Becca took me to town earlier and treated me to some clothes and then I bought my own... with her help. Yeah, I'm pretty useless at shopping, but she found the best deals and the best clothes as well, so I have that to thank her for. After that I dropped her off at Joe's and then hung out with Bekah. She treated me to a haircut, which I'm bloody thankful for because it was seriously too long, and now it looks good. Seriously, it looks so good that Becca couldn't keep her eyes off me all night. Anyway, after that treat we went back to Bekah's where we watched some Mighty Boosh. Then we caught the bus and headed for Pizza Hut. Yes, we were 15 minutes late, but that meant that everyone was already there to greet me, which was nice. What a fun evening it was. Lots of stuff happened, but you were all there to see it. This was my treat from Becca as well. In fact, I got loads of awesome presents. Quach gave me a bottle of vintage Chinese beer and Joe got me an awesome waistcoat, so I can now officially take part in Waistcoat Wednesdays. Everyone got me cards and money, which is awesome too. I've also been told that on the last day of school I have to hide behind the curtain in assembly and then play the Pink Panther on the grand piano. That is something I will aspire to do.

I apologise for keeping this short, but I just wanted it on record that tonight was awesome and I thank Becca so much for getting all of it organised last minute. I love you a lot, Becca, and I love the rest of you a lot for making this quite possibly the best birthday ever. I'm a little bit overwhelmed, quite frankly, I've never had this kind of love and attention before. You're all brilliant. All of you.

I'm going to leave you with what I think was my best joke of the evening. I was giving Quach a hug at the end of the evening, and so he decided to pick me up and cradle me in his arms, carrying me off. I simply said to him, "Josh, you had me at ni hao." Oh, how he laughed. *Awkward silence* You had to be there.

Anyway, I thank and love you all again and tomorrow I'll probably update with a more detailed thing.

Say goodbye to the Hutch you've all known and loved. Tomorrow I'm a different man.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I wish I had been there, my aunts birthday was shocking :( oh well Harry Potter was great. Happy Birthday Piotr have an epic amazing fantabulous one xxx

    ReplyDelete