Saturday 1 January 2011

Once More... Unto the Breach

For some reason that title screamed New Year at me. I don't know why and I don't know how, so it's best to not ask questions.

I've decided that because 2010 actually saw a huge change in the whole business of me being me, I needed a post just to confirm that I am actually still awesome and it's not just something that happens towards the end of the year.

Hmm...

Nope, I'm definitely still pretty damn awesome. Go me.

The thing is, I'm really worried that things won't become more awesome than they currently are. I mean, there are only two things that could make things more awesome than they currently are and they are:
1. Girlfriend - standard
2. Get out of this house indefinitely

Really to make this post fully fleshed out I should have looked back to when I started the blog in February 2010, but then I thought "why bother? If you really want change, then don't look back." However, unfortunately the year is currently 1 day old and therefore not concrete enough to form a stable outlook of the year and so I kind of have to look back. But not that far. What I can do is look at the present, what is happening in the here and the now, just so we have some foundations for the year so I know how much things will change. Clever, me.

We'll start with my Real Family in no particular order. You may feel a sense of nostalgia.

Joey-Joey-Joe-Joe
I'm happy to be yours and Luke's butt-baby, but more am I happy to be like super best friends with you now. Your house is like a second home to me, and I'm absolutely certain I'll always be welcome in it. You'll be one of the hardest to let go of this summer when we go our separate ways, but we'll see each other and we'll talk because I know that you cannot stand to be away from me for more than a few days hours minutes. I also overheard from a source that after Becca, I am the first person you turn to (along with Bekah of course, who FYI was the source), and I was extremely touched by this. I love you, Joe-Joe.

Becca
You are exactly what I need in my life, someone to love and care for me no-matter what. At the New Year party you said how you are practically a mother to me anyway, and that is literally what I need. It's what I'm always searching for and I'm bloody well pleased that we met on that fateful science lesson. I've accidentally tried to make girls take this gauntlet before, but none have been so willing as you, and I cannot thank you enough. I love you, Becca.

Bekah
You brought the BSiders together and formed JC nights. Somehow it just seemed like three bros chilling, despite the fact that you're not a dude. You are a bro, though, a chick bro at least. I'm super mega happy that you decided to do this, but we are now unfortunately running out of JC :< (I think that's a distressed smiley) but it matters not, because the Brotherhood will live on. Are you cool with us three being called the Brotherhood? I think it's a cool name. Love you too, Bekah.

Dukey
That's right, this time I didn't call you Evil Tyrant Lord Dukeystein, but that's because you're an okay guy, and sometimes I wish that I didn't have to inevitably destroy you after a seven-year-long war. Religious warfare aside, you've always been a pretty steady, dependable guy. I can't think of many times when I've just thought "Oh that fucking Dukey" and that only happens if you've been asleep all day and forgotten to come to an event because of it. I'm quite fond of you, Dukey. I'm sorry, I had to spice it up a bit because it was getting tedious and repetitive.


Lukey-Lukey-Luke
You're my other father and you're pretty damn awesome too. I'm pleased that you've decided to bite the bullet and go for this girl, because you might just ease up on the molestation of me. I know you've been pretty frustrated over the last year or so, Luke, but seriously, I was getting kind of worried. You've always been the cool-cat of the Real Family and I think you know and fully accept this. What I think I like most about you is how every time I go around your house your family want to adopt and keep me. That's a joke that won't get old too quickly. I love you, Luke. It's acceptable again. 


Joshua Hilton
As weird and annoying and hilariously stupid you can be, you're a great guy. You seem to accept the fact that I'm not as weird and annoying and hilariously stupid as you and just love me anyway. Laura is frightened that you're going to try and have sex with me one day, but I know you're only joking around when you do all that gay stuff with me. That is a joke right? All those nights we've spent together were just for fun, yeah? Spend quality time together and all that. Nah, despite your shortcomings I find you impossibly hilarious and therefore I love you, Josh. That time I integrated it into the paragraph. 


Now I'm sorry that the following people aren't part of my Real Family, but this is either because I've only just become friends with you, or I've just never become super awesome best friends with you because we're not that close yet. Take it on no personal level, but you guys still mean a lot to me because you're my best friends. Otherwise why would I even bother mentioning you?

Sophia
We've recently become quite close, and I don't quite know what has triggered this. It's probably because I'm super awesome, but you definitely had a part in it too. You recently decided to open your heart to me, and that means that you're someone pretty special, Sophia.

Dallamore
Again, a recent new awesome best friend. You're a pretty awesome guy, Dallamore, and I hope you know this. You're a ginger but we don't sting ya. I'm pretty sure that means that you have proven that gingers do actually have souls, and you've got quite a soul. Hey, first you get to read my blog and then you appear on it! I can see the excitement on your little face now.

Aimee
How could I leave out the ditzy shrew? I know I can be a little mean to you sometimes, but I assure you it's for your own good. (I think I dodged a bullet there) Shouting at you makes you learn faster, probably, and therefore it's justified. You're quite a character though I don't think I give you the credit you deserve.

Westie
You're also quite a character, Westie, and you've wormed your way into my life through DT. You're a pretty cool guy, Westie, but you definitely go over the line with your jokes occasionally. Maybe all the time, actually. But still, without you in DT, I wouldn't have anyone else to talk to who has an intellect that goes beyond "Oh yeah, I got so hammered this weekend I made out with a zebra wearing a leotard." Bravo, Westie.

Laura Squinge
In the brief time I've known you through Josh, you've made quite an impression on me. In fact, you're so new that you don't even know that this blog exists. It'll have to be Josh's responsibility to show you this awesome tome of excellence. I'm glad he found someone like you, because you can tame him while being a great person to hang around with as well. That makes you pretty cool.

Hoier
Your name is Hoier. I kid, you can be called Tom if you want, but that second name will haunt you. While you have been a Peniskopf in the past, especially when drunk, you're actually an all right kind of guy. Heck, you've always been a pretty good friend to me and I can't complain about that one bit.

Harry
Where the hell have you gotten to? We always have an awesome time when we hang out and you're a pretty funny guy, and you can be sincere too, which makes you a well rounded guy. But why the hell don't you hang out more? Get with the program, dude.

Josh and Maisie
You two are literally joined at the hip, but I don't mind that one bit. You're both perfectly happy with me being around and I do enjoy hanging out with you. We always have a bit of a laugh and we actually have our own little inside jokes between us three. That makes us a pretty awesome team, and I am so glad that this is a fact. Thanks, you two.

Kayleigh-Kay
I may not ever see you, but you've had such an impact on my life that I trust you whole-heartedly and will continue to do so forever. I know things aren't brilliant for you right now, but that's why I'm here! Please don't fall away from contact with me because you actually give the internet some hope. Usually I don't like it very much and get angry at it, but when you pop online it's like everything is okay for the internet. I do love you, Kayleigh-Kay, and I know I tell you that a lot, but you got me doing it.

Lauren
We've been friends for a lot of years now and I've always trusted you. With that trust comes the fact that you know everything about me, and I know we don't talk that much any more, but that means that I don't want to let go of you. I know you think I'm a bit of a weirdo, but you've always appreciated my writings and have never denied me help. People like that are keepers, and you're definitely one of those.

You see you lot, my best friends, my Real Family, you make me comfortable to be me. You make me feel better about who I am. Let's face it, there are fucking loads of you now. Last year there was like eight people on here that I considered super best friends, but now there's like 16 of you. That's a lot for me to take in, to be quite honest. That's 16 of you that I feel like I can trust and call super best friends. With you guys at my side, we will not only be unstoppable, but it also means that this year is off to a great start and it can only get better.

Whoo! *Party pop*

Bring it on, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. "Oh yeah, I got so hammered this weekend I made out with a zebra wearing a leotard."

    Oh, come on, give the DT lot some credit! They must possess a huge, vodka flavoured quantity of bravado to not be phased when making out with said zebra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey first on the list of not-quite-real-family people whoop :D yes my dear it is because you are very awesome indeed, i am drawn to the awesomeness. As for the pouring out my sorry soul to you, I apologize profusely and thank you for actually giving me decent advice rather than just saying 'aww bless' and secretly judging me. You are a very cool guy Piotr DFTBA

    ReplyDelete